FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League - Season 2

crab1106

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 11:45 AM, klyon7634 said:

I have one active roster spot open. I’ve tried the last 4 days to add a player and it won’t let me? I’m getting aggravated 

Fantrax has been uncooperative since the shutdown began. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So looking like we are gonna get back started. I'm not commish but I will throw out a proposal for how we treat this year. Fill free to throw out ideas and not just think whatever I propose we will do, so throw out ideas.

Transfering the Buy-in ($10) to 2021 making 2020 a Free Year? (Not sure if we are able to do this via Fantrax or not, but if we can't via Fantrax @crab1106 can take all the winnings then use his Fantrax account to buy everyone in for 2021. Also, Crab can just pay back the $10 to everyone and if some owners don't want back next year they haven't lost any $$. 

Scoring Format Changes?

• Making it Roto for 2020 Only. This will allow us to use all 60 games for every team which would mean we would do away with divisions for 2020
  • Keep it H2H with making 2 divisions instead of 4, Which means 2 division winners and 2 wildcards, or keeping 4 divisions and 0 wild cards.
  • If we keep it H2H we would have to make it last 2 weeks for playoffs (12-14 games) Semifinals then Finals. Either doing 2 division winners and 2 wild cards or 4 division winners.

I think that should do it if there any other questions/concerns, please post them. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

17 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

So looking like we are gonna get back started. I'm not commish but I will throw out a proposal for how we treat this year. Fill free to throw out ideas and not just think whatever I propose we will do, so throw out ideas.

Transfering the Buy-in ($10) to 2021 making 2020 a Free Year? (Not sure if we are able to do this via Fantrax or not, but if we can't via Fantrax @crab1106 can take all the winnings then use his Fantrax account to buy everyone in for 2021. Also, Crab can just pay back the $10 to everyone and if some owners don't want back next year they haven't lost any $$. 

Scoring Format Changes?

• Making it Roto for 2020 Only. This will allow us to use all 60 games for every team which would mean we would do away with divisions for 2020
  • Keep it H2H with making 2 divisions instead of 4, Which means 2 division winners and 2 wildcards, or keeping 4 divisions and 0 wild cards.
  • If we keep it H2H we would have to make it last 2 weeks for playoffs (12-14 games) Semifinals then Finals. Either doing 2 division winners and 2 wild cards or 4 division winners.

I think that should do it if there any other questions/concerns, please post them. 

I am good with any of the options (lean towards keeping it H2H given how many teams were/are built) except we should keep the money for this year.  Its $10, and a sunk cost and I am sure I can come up with $10 for next year.  If it was a big money league I would feel different but still fun to have something to play for aside from bragging rights.  

I don’t see how to make this work with head to head. There are going to be what nine-ish weeks of the regular season? You would need at least two for the playoffs. So seven weeks to qualify? Seems a bit silly to me. I just hope teams don’t call up prospects with the lack of minor leagues and then ruin all of our minor league systems where we have to have guys on our main roster next year that had like 15 AB’s or something.

3 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

I don’t see how to make this work with head to head. There are going to be what nine-ish weeks of the regular season? You would need at least two for the playoffs. So seven weeks to qualify? Seems a bit silly to me. I just hope teams don’t call up prospects with the lack of minor leagues and then ruin all of our minor league systems where we have to have guys on our main roster next year that had like 15 AB’s or something.

Yeah, if we stay H2H it's gonna be a really short regular season. I mean we could do it, and we built our teams for H2H, so switching to ROTO for 2020 only would be tough too.

Remember, you don't have to call up guys from your MILB squad till the following season. Now if you call them up when they get called up then you are stuck with them in MLB till they go back to minors IRL.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

Apparently Fantrax allows you to play three opponents per week. Is that an option for us? 3x7 gives you 21 games. You could always do 3x8 and then just have a one-week playoff for the two top teams too. More games is better for seeding next year as well. 

I know about the callups, but if they get some tiny playing time this year in some fluke situation then they count against your 15 keepers next year, which kinda stinks. It can happen in any year, but I hope it doesn’t happen more without any real life minor leagues. 

Edited by Lions017

Just now, Lions017 said:

I know about the callups, but if they get some tiny playing time this year in some fluke situation then they count against your 15 keepers next year, which kinda stinks. It can happen in any year, but I hope it doesn’t happen more without any real life minor leagues. 

Nope. As long as you keep them in your MILB team even if they get called up IRL you can use them as MILB keepers.

2 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Nope. As long as you keep them in your MILB team even if they get called up IRL you can use them as MILB keepers.

Huh. I overlooked that. Good to know! 

But yeah, multiple opponents each week would be good if it’s easy enough to set up.