Morbius

dtait93

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Yeah, they're like 0-3 now on their live action solo movies post-MCU Spidey deal. No reason to expect Kraven to be any different/better.

The other thing is they are burning through actors. They aren’t necessarily held out of MCU proper stuff, but some of them won’t do another one.

Like Riz Ahmed, Jared Harris, Woody Harrelson, Matt Smith, Naomie Harris, Tom Hardy, Ariana DeBose are probably out for MCU projects, it’s not a big deal for a lot of them but like Id love for Riz to get a better character to do and better movie.

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The other thing is they are burning through actors. They aren’t necessarily held out of MCU proper stuff, but some of them won’t do another one.

Like Riz Ahmed, Jared Harris, Woody Harrelson, Matt Smith, Naomie Harris, Tom Hardy, Ariana DeBose are probably out for MCU projects, it’s not a big deal for a lot of them but like Id love for Riz to get a better character to do and better movie.

Interesting because Tom Hardy was linked to Wolverine when the Fox acquisition was first announced and Hugh Jackman even endorsed him as his replacement in the MCU.

Tom Hardy is a bit of a grey area because, as others have pointed out, he probably has/had a clause in his contract that prevents him from playing other MCU characters in the event Disney wanted to use his Venom. I wonder how this plays into that since he was "technically" in an MCU movie, albeit for a minute in a post-credits scene(s), though it left the door open for using their own Venom.

Edited by KManX89

14 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Interesting because Tom Hardy was linked to Wolverine when the Fox acquisition was first announced and Hugh Jackman even endorsed him as his replacement in the MCU.

Tom Hardy is a bit of a grey area because, as others have pointed out, he probably has/had a clause in his contract that prevents him from playing other MCU characters in the event Disney wanted to use his Venom. I wonder how this plays into that since he was "technically" in an MCU movie, albeit for a minute in a post-credits scene(s), though it left the door open for using their own Venom.

Would’ve been a good fit.

Really not sure on the deals, it’s just also easier to look elsewhere to avoid confusion. But Marvel has shown they’ll bring people back as new characters within their own universe if the fit is right. So they could still come over, but yeah Hardy probably isn’t one of them.

I think too for the better actors like Riz, they might dip in to do some franchise stuff but they aren’t going to want to do it a lot. So Sony kinda burns them from doing others, either by reception or out of a “been there, done that” sort of thing. 

They are just really bad at it.

22 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I wonder how much it would take for Sony to sell all the rights to Marvel for the characters they have

Its Sony’s one franchise that does well, so a lot. Though considering how popular Spider-man is it’d probably just be worth it at some point. With Disney+ they could do a lot with that corner of the universe.

Probably one of the more feasible ways it’d happen is if Disney just bought Sony. That could go a couple ways. Least likely would be the whole company, doubt they want to get in the electronics market. Could see it being the Film and Game divisions, but that’d keep them in the hardware game. Easiest and most feasible would be just buying Sony pictures / Columbia Pictures. I don’t think that’d even run into issues with the whole outsiders buying companies in Japan thing. Studio would just revert to being called Columbia Pictures, Tristar, etc and be in the same place 20th Century Studios is now.

They have a ok roster of IP with the Spider-Man rights, Ghostbusters, Men in Black, Jumanji, Rambo, some kids ones. 

Not sure if they’d try it, regulators aren’t keen to see them take out another studio. But Sony I think gets bought in some way by someone. I’d hope the Spidey contract has language in it that the rights revert if the studio is sold.

The story is there but they rush everything so you don't care about anything. If they leaned into being gritty, had good CGI, and did it as maybe a mini series it could've really worked. But they didn't sooo....