2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Eh. Out of his 474 snaps on the season, 284 of them came in the first five games. Onwuasor lost a lot of them for good purpose too - he wasn't good. Something not too far over the minimum sounds about right to me. At least on his end it's fully guaranteed. Not good for the Ravens and their compensatory formula but I don't think this is any sort of surprise either. 

15 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Eh. Out of his 474 snaps on the season, 284 of them came in the first five games. Onwuasor lost a lot of them for good purpose too - he wasn't good. Something not too far over the minimum sounds about right to me. At least on his end it's fully guaranteed. Not good for the Ravens and their compensatory formula but I don't think this is any sort of surprise either. 

I'm not shocked by any means. Wasn't expecting a huge contract, but would have definitely put my money on $4M over $2M given a binary choice on which to bet.

On 3/25/2020 at 3:58 PM, sp6488 said:

Will be very interesting to see the numbers on only 1-year

On the comp pick front it looks like:

In:

Wolfe, DL ($3.5M AAV; up to $6M with incentives)

Out:

Pierce, DT ($9M AAV)
Seth Robers, WR ($3.75M AAV) <- Canceled by Brockers signing
Patrick Onwuasor, LB ($2M AAV)
Josh Bynes, LB ($1.6M AAV)

I'm thinking each of those last three may be qualifying deals, at very least for cancellation purposes. I think Onuwasor signs something in excess of his tender this past year ($3M), guessing 1 year/$6M (was definitely high here). Bynes I would think is ~half of that, maybe 1 year/$3M (I was high here as well). Considering the speed at which he signed, I think Roberts may have received something similar to what we gave him, like 1 year/$2M (I was pretty low here).

Depends how things shake out around the league, but seems like there's a decent shot we end up with a 4th/5th and 2x 7th rounders in 2021.

OTC has us only getting a 5th, but things are obviously subject to change and this is just an estimate:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Edited by sp6488

7 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Depends how things shake out around the league, but seems like there's a decent shot we end up with a 4th/5th and 2x 7th rounders in 2021.

OTC has us only getting a 5th, but things are obviously subject to change and this is just an estimate:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

Going through the detailed explainer of comp pick rules, updated for 2020 CBA (here), it seems like the most likely scenario is a 5th for Pierce and Peanut playing his way into a 7th (also, other small deals pushing him up percentile-wise). That's my current-very-subject-to-adjustment median projection for 2021 comp picks.

12 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Going through the detailed explainer of comp pick rules, updated for 2020 CBA (here), it seems like the most likely scenario is a 5th for Pierce and Peanut playing his way into a 7th (also, other small deals pushing him up percentile-wise). That's my current-very-subject-to-adjustment median projection for 2021 comp picks.

I don't know man, the current #32 compensatory cutoff is a deal of $4 million (B.J. Finney). It's probably safe to assume it's just Pierce counting this year.

On 4/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, coordinator0 said:

I don't know man, the current #32 compensatory cutoff is a deal of $4 million (B.J. Finney). It's probably safe to assume it's just Pierce counting this year.

There's still some dominoes to fall. Obviously things changed somewhat with the 2020 CBA, but Tramaine Brock brought the Broncos a 7th last year with a $1.4M AAV contract. A fair number of guys qualified in the $1.7 - $2M range as well. Perhaps Skura signing his tender is a sign that other guys may be starting to move with change the landscape a bit (notably lower $$ signings changing the qualification bar).

Edited by sp6488

In the past, it seems like we’ve had some veterans take less money to play for our organization. With some key free agents still sitting out there, what veterans do you think would fit well with our team and maybe be willing to take under market value, and possibly rotational spots to join our team?