Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DoleINGout

Starting 5 A-Team and B-Team

Recommended Posts

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

If that's the case there are plenty of better choices. Hakeem or if you want a shooter even Dirk can do Gasol's role better. What about my 2nd favorite player all-time KG??? He did it all. 

we're not here to watch KG and Hakeem miss 60% of their midrange jumpers and plummet our efficiency. and dirk isn't gonna be the main option or 2nd or prob not 3rd so he wouldn't be that useful for how bad he is on defense. 

btw hakeem only had one year in his career that he had higher than a 57 TS%. Devin Booker is at 63 this year lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

we're not here to watch KG and Hakeem miss 60% of their midrange jumpers and plummet our efficiency. and dirk isn't gonna be the main option or 2nd or prob not 3rd so he wouldn't be that useful for how bad he is on defense. 

btw hakeem only had one year in his career that he had higher than a 57 TS%. Devin Booker is at 63 this year lol

total different ERAs, One reason why I don't value stats as much as you guys. Hakeem can be argued as a top 10-15 player all-time and he destroyed everyone he went up against. No stats will change my opinion on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

and Durant is a better shooter

than Bird? Not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

than Bird? Not sure.

KD may be the best pure scorer ever, YET I would take no one over Bird when it came to making Clutch jump shots. NO ONE and that isn't even close.

PS Bird had I believe 3 40-50-90s KD 1 I believe.

If Larry played in this wide open ERA , WOW.. 

Edited by resilient part 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, resilient part 2 said:

KD may be the best pure scorer ever, YET I would take no one over Bird when it came to making Clutch jump shots. NO ONE and that isn't even close.

Agreed. 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I had to look up his stats after I saw his name and he only shot higher than 43% from the field once in his entire career

I just want him for 3s, defense, and moving the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

SG- Dwyane Wade

I'd take Ray Allen over Wade. Harden and Klay are a toss up with Wade for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

total different ERAs, One reason why I don't value stats as much as you guys. Hakeem can be argued as a top 10-15 player all-time and he destroyed everyone he went up against. No stats will change my opinion on him.

Yes when everyone is playing inefficiently it is fine. But this a magic world where everyone isn't going to lol

And obviously Hakeem and KG are way better than Gasol but I wanted a team that would make sense with Giannis  and/or Magic on it. And there really isn't any centers before the last 2/3 years that make sense that are both good and maximize Giannis/Magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes when everyone is playing inefficiently it is fine. But this a magic world where everyone isn't going to lol

And obviously Hakeem and KG are way better than Gasol but I wanted a team that would make sense with Giannis  and/or Magic on it. And there really isn't any centers before the last 2/3 years that make sense that are both good and maximize Giannis/Magic.

fair enough. Now on a serious note can your Suns step up their game and get freakin Memphis out of the 8th spot already???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

fair enough. Now on a serious note can your Suns step up their game and get freakin Memphis out of the 8th spot already???

Nope. Accept your fate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 10:31 PM, seminoles1 said:

Curry, Jordan, Durant, KG, Wilt

Chauncey, Klay, Scottie, LeBron, Kareem

Billups? I saw why you want him but surely there is someone better. I mean Chris Paul is only slightly worse of a 3 point shooter and much better than Billups at defense and moving the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Billups? I saw why you want him but surely there is someone better. I mean Chris Paul is only slightly worse of a 3 point shooter and much better than Billups at defense and moving the ball

He's ball dominant. I don't need that. I really wanted to use another SG since LeBron would be the de facto PG, but I figured that'd be cheating.

Billups was the closest to another SG on the floor that I could get. Good size, great shooter, doesn't turn it over, very good defender that can switch up a couple positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2020 at 2:07 AM, Tyronnosaurus said:

PG: LeBron

SG: Curry

SF: Bird

PF: Dirk

C: Shaq

 

Holy hell that would be a fun team.

Are ridiculously great offensive team but no one on that team really wants to play defense LOL

Though they may not have to

Edited by resilient part 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't want to do an A and B team but here is my 12 man team based off of fit. I figured otherwise it would just be another top ten all time thread.

 

Starting Center- Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Starting Power- Tim Duncan

Starting Small- Larry Bird

Starting Shooting-Michael Jordan

Starting Point - Magic Johnson

Back up Center - Shaquille O'nea

Back up Power- Dirk Nowitzki

Back up Small- Lebron James

Back up Shooting - Kobe Bryant

Back up Point - Oscar Robertson

X factor big - Kevin Garnett

X factor 3pt specialist - torn between Curry and Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×