New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

6 minutes ago, true2form said:

Just shows how little people know about football. Clearly there for anyone with eyes to see. Both tackles get owned. Chargers have the play covered to a T. 

So the solution on 4th down in the redzone is to throw it in ground and give up on the game? 

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

We are far from the worst roster in the league. 

Add 2 linebackers, a CB, a WR1or2 and a pass rushing DT with out 2 first round picks and 3 top tier FA and we have a roster that can compete with anyone. ESPECIALLY IF YOU BELIEVE IN CARR LIKE YOU DO

This is the counter argument for dumping Carr’s 3yr call friendly deal only to use #12 on Jordan Love, QB4/5 this year.

its one thing to swap Brady for Carr and get a top 45 pick, but Love? Ugh

i don’t even think the argument of Brady only will last 2 years is valid, because 1/2 the QB’s in the league on non-rookie deals will be moved or at least the teams are considering moving on from them 2 years from now.  If Carr’s on the team in 2 years I’d be shocked.  So Carr and Brady literally have The same shelf life.  That’s why I support Carr but don’t mind Brady.

11 hours ago, dante9876 said:

If we sign Brady and draft love there is no Carr on raiders in 2020. We wouldnt wait a year to trade him. Your scenario could happen in 2020 but it be Carr vs Brady. I'll take our chances. 

Read the second paragraph... that's what I was playing along with. 

Because the 1% chance that Brady puts on Silver and Black is the ONLY way Carr isn't the starter in 2020. I don't buy he wants to play here tbh. I also dont think Love is Gruden's type of QB... Jake Fromm is

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You're nuts if you think they have one if the worst overall rosters in the NFL.

Tyrell Williams an upper tier WR2. He played with a messed up foot after game 6. He had a TD every game. He is a legit player. Hunter didn't come on til the second half of the year and still finished with a very respectable rookie season. Waller showed he is an Elite TE. Our OL is top 3 in the NFL. We have a bonafide stud in the backfield. Richard is a really good 3DRB.

Trayvon flashed game changing potential after being thrust into the starting role. Crosby and Ferrell showed they will be a power duo moving forward. We need help on the IDL, our LBs are not good at all. KoJo looked really good pre injury and we have a game changing Safety that played 1 game.

We are far from the worst roster in the league. 

Add 2 linebackers, a CB, a WR1or2 and a pass rushing DT with out 2 first round picks and 3 top tier FA and we have a roster that can compete with anyone. ESPECIALLY IF YOU BELIEVE IN CARR LIKE YOU DO

Haha here we go with excuses and an armchair GM say we need this and this to compete.  Give me a break.  

"Injury excuses", "flashed potential", "showed", "looked really good", "add this and that and we can compete with anyone"  LOL  

You guys seriously crack me up.  Tell me what teams have worse overall rosters than we do and how we can convince Brady we are as good and close as you think we are?  Make me laugh this morning with your hypotheticals and conjecture :)

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

So the solution on 4th down in the redzone is to throw it in ground and give up on the game? 

Trust me, I was livid.... I threw a glass at the wall, swear to god.  But is this why we’re moving on?  If he threw a pick, we’d be on him too.  I think Carr’s issues are correctable by running more and taking chances with jump balls with better WRs

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

This is the counter argument for dumping Carr’s 3yr call friendly deal only to use #12 on Jordan Love, QB4/5 this year.

its one thing to swap Brady for Carr and get a top 45 pick, but Love? Ugh

i don’t even think the argument of Brady only will last 2 years is valid, because 1/2 the QB’s in the league on non-rookie deals will be moved or at least the teams are considering moving on from them 2 years from now.  If Carr’s on the team in 2 years I’d be shocked.  So Carr and Brady literally have The same shelf life.  That’s why I support Carr but don’t mind Brady.

Love sucks. I'm sorry I tried to like him. I watched his 2018 film because that would "impress me". I see Colin Kaepernick reincarnated. He needs A LOT of coaching. Like A LOT. I don't think anyone in this class not named Burrow is an upgrade to Carr. Although I like Hurts in the 3rd in a Taysom Hill roll. 

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Read the second paragraph... that's what I was playing along with. 

Because the 1% chance that Brady puts on Silver and Black is the ONLY way Carr isn't the starter in 2020. I don't buy he wants to play here tbh. I also dont think Love is Gruden's type of QB... Jake Fromm is

I like Fromm (as a 3rd, maybe trade your into late 2nd.... but think he goes before #50-55.... but I Fromm at best Is Carr.  That’s why i like him as a development guy with a 3rd round selection.

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Trust me, I was livid.... I threw a glass at the wall, swear to god.  But is this why we’re moving on?  If he threw a pick, we’d be on him too.  I think Carr’s issues are correctable by running more and taking chances with jump balls with better WRs

Exactly.  Running more, playing good D to take pressure off the O and put some competent playmakers on the outside to give Carr a chance.  He will improve and the Raiders brass knows what the issues with this team are.  

I would love to move on from Williams and sign AJ Green for similar money to what we are paying Green.  Then use one of our first 4 picks on a WR. We also need a good complimentary back to Jacobs, someone stout on the goal line who can take a beating, be productive and keep Jacobs fresh.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Love sucks. I'm sorry I tried to like him. I watched his 2018 film because that would "impress me". I see Colin Kaepernick reincarnated. He needs A LOT of coaching. Like A LOT. I don't think anyone in this class not named Burrow is an upgrade to Carr. Although I like Hurts in the 3rd in a Taysom Hill roll. 

I’m with you,,, how can we tear down everything for a guy who needs to make do many changes.  I do think he’s slightly better then sucks though lol.  He could*** be okay but in a few years.  He needs to sit for 1 year, then struggle year 2, then come on year 3..... I can’t wait 3 years.  Las Vegas can’t wait 3 years!

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha here we go with excuses and an armchair GM say we need this and this to compete.  Give me a break.  

"Injury excuses", "flashed potential", "showed", "looked really good", "add this and that and we can compete with anyone"  LOL  

You guys seriously crack me up.  Tell me what teams have worse overall rosters than we do and how we can convince Brady we are as good and close as you think we are?  Make me laugh this morning with your hypotheticals and conjecture :)

Definitely worse - Cardinals, Panthers, Bucs, Giants, Redskins, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals. 

So theres 12. Theres about 5 more that were 50/50 for me.  

We both think Carr is the answer, remember that. The issue is I can defend my stance without blaming the rest of the roster. 

• Like 1

Just now, OG_C2X said:

Definitely worse - Cardinals, Panthers, Bucs, Giants, Redskins, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals. 

We both think Carr is the answer, remember that. The issue is I can defend my stance without blaming the rest of the roster. 

I agree,,, we went 7-9... and we’re a middle of the pack team.  While I also support Carr, he didn’t exactly lift up a piss poor team to go 7-9.  We’re a WR1/2, 3 LBs, and CB from being a playoff team.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I like Fromm (as a 3rd, maybe trade your into late 2nd.... but think he goes before #50-55.... but I Fromm at best Is Carr.  That’s why i like him as a development guy with a 3rd round selection.

Burrow. Herbert. Fromm. Tua. Eason. Montaez. Love. Hurts.

I don't think 5 QBs go in the first, including Fromm and Eason goes early in the 2nd. 

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

I disagree with some of the teams you have listed here but I am not going to bore everyone with breaking down opposing teams rosters. Let's looks at the Bears, Jags or Bucs, I don't see any possible way you can say that we have a better overall roster than the Bears, Jags or the Bucs.

I know we both think Carr is the answer but I don't see how one can not factor overall roster talent into that equation.  I think the Carr haters think our roster is better than it actually is when in reality we have a bottom 5 overall roster in terms of talent.  

I think Eason will rise, someone will trade up for him.  But Im higher on him then most and fully recognize he could go top of 2nd.  

Montez over Love? I wanted to like Montez beginning of the year but he played poorly imo.

I agree it’s likely Fromm and Eason go top of 2nd.  

Your obviously very high on Fromm.  I’m high but not that high, but I’m much higher then the general consensus right now.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree,,, we went 7-9... and we’re a middle of the pack team.  While I also support Carr, he didn’t exactly lift up a piss poor team to go 7-9.  We’re a WR1/2, 3 LBs, and CB from being a playoff team.

We have no pass rush, our LB's may be the worst in football, our secondary is patchwork trash until proven otherwise, we can't cover a TE and haven't been able to for a decade.  Our WR depth is amongst the worst in the NFL, we have Jacobs and behind him nothing much else.  our Oline played well last year but the year before was average, Waller looks good but depth behind him is questionable at best, our ST's is at best average.

What am I missing here?