New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

8 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Definitely worse - Cardinals, Panthers, Bucs, Giants, Redskins, Lions, Bears, Broncos, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals. 

So theres 12. Theres about 5 more that were 50/50 for me.  

We both think Carr is the answer, remember that. The issue is I can defend my stance without blaming the rest of the roster. 

👍

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I agree with a lot of this actually, so we have that going.

I disagree with the Top 15 QB comment though. I have Carr firmly ranked at 19, going through every QB in the NFL. Yes, he's not absolutely terrible, but he is 100% a below average NFL QB.

Just when we try and find common ground.....

I pull #15 literally out of my ***—— the guys average

and you grab a TI-83 calculator,,,, do some math..... come up with 19.... just so he’s below average

id love to see 14-20 on your list.... I highly doubt it’s going to be a consensus those guys are better than carr

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Im going to end my involvement in This by saying I’m on board for signing Brady, trading Carr for a 2nd, and using that pick to trade up from 12 to get Simmons and his 4.39 TE killer speed.

Brady isn't coming to LV, he would never tarnish his career going to a dumpster fire organization like the Raiders. 

I also think trading Carr for a 2nd would be foolish with no backup plan.  Let's say Brady ends up here for arguments sake and only plays 1 season and retires?  Do we want to be a franchise like the Skins (we were there before Carr) searching for a QB every few years, sifting through the castoff trash hoping to strike gold which rarely happens.  Or drafting bums year after year hoping that we find someone serviceable.  Getting rid of Carr without a younger/better QB on the roster would be downright foolish and could put this team in purgatory for the next decade.  There is nothing worse than a franchise spending draft capital YOY trying to find a serviceable QB, I have spent many sad seasons watching the Raiders do this with no avail (Brooks, Walter, Prior, Russell, Campbell, fat old Culpepper, Collins, Mcnoun etc.)

If we were to trade up in the draft I hope it would be for Chase Young but I do agree Simmons appears to be a stud. 

I would not be shocked to see Burrow go 1 and the Skins take a QB at 2 (Haskins is a bum) and Young being there at 3.  12 and 19 (2075) would be close in value to 3 (2200) and for Young I would consider the move.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

You are ridiculously building a false narrative around me. Here we go with the Carr cult again. Feel like I’m watching a politic channel and the other party is making the other candidate seem like satan. That’s not me, and you can believe whatever you want. Feel free to block me if it really bothers you that much. 

And yes, Carr does not throw guys open, even in 2016. Musgrave’s system is a offense that schemes guys wide open. This is why I think Carr can be a Top 15-16 QB on the Colts. #1 OL in the NFL and Reich schemes guys wide open. 

Anticipation throws are literally Carrs #2 worst trait as a QB, right after his absolutely dreadful pocket presence. That’s not very debatable and is a universal opinion around the entire NFL. 

The cult of Carr lol

I still believe we are replacing Carr 97% chance. I don't believe any GM or coach what they say on TV during the combine. There's no way the Raiders believe they can win a super bowl with him. See me in May if Carr is back. He's been given literally the longest leash of any QB with the lowest amount if wins. And yes it is a team sport but we count QB wins in the NFL because coaches, management and QBs have the most impact on it.

A better QB will emerge and open the new city up

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Dubow's tweets have been legendary

He certainly has a point with many of these tweets, especially this one. Carr is basically the King of the NFL at throwing short of the chains on 3rd down. Over three coaching staffs...

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Brady isn't coming to LV, he would never tarnish his career going to a dumpster fire organization like the Raiders. 

I also think trading Carr for a 2nd would be foolish with no backup plan.  Let's say Brady ends up here for arguments sake and only plays 1 season and retires?  Do we want to be a franchise like the Skins (we were there before Carr) searching for a QB every few years, sifting through the castoff trash hoping to strike gold which rarely happens.  Or drafting bums year after year hoping that we find someone serviceable.  Getting rid of Carr without a younger/better QB on the roster would be downright foolish and could put this team in purgatory for the next decade.  There is nothing worse than a franchise spending draft capital YOY trying to find a serviceable QB, I have spent many sad seasons watching the Raiders do this with no avail (Brooks, Walter, Prior, Russell, Campbell, fat old Culpepper, Collins, Mcnoun etc.)

If we were to trade up in the draft I hope it would be for Chase Young but I do agree Simmons appears to be a stud. 

I would not be shocked to see Burrow go 1 and the Skins take a QB at 2 (Haskins is a bum) and Young being there at 3.  12 and 19 (2075) would be close in value to 3 (2200) and for Young I would consider the move.

Brady is not going to the Raiders or the Chargers, The rumor is he doesn’t want to play Patrick Mahomes twice in a year and tarnish his legacy.

9 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Brady hasn't lasted 20 years by being afraid of players

Nope he lasted 20 years playing in the same system, against the worst division in football, for the all time greatest coach. 

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Nope he lasted 20 years playing in the same system, against the worst division in football, for the all time greatest coach. 

Brady the ultimate competitor and winner is not afraid if any player or team. That mindset only appears with losing QBs