New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

My problem was the lazy negotiating.

I’ll agree it was quick and sad. But remember Reggie was still GM. He always gets worked over. Mayock in no way shape or form would get worked over he don’t play games  

(rape)

Edited by Gannon12
Lol phone just inserts things instead of what I put in

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly it was like Reggie never tried to get a better offer then the first offer.

His entire career here was getting worked over hard on ever trade. The one that kills me was the trade down to the Dolphins. Just a swap and a second. At the time it was a rape and Reggie loved it. I’m so glad we have Mayock now! That **** don’t fly no more

8 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

His entire career here was getting worked over hard on ever trade. The one that kills me was the trade down to the Dolphins. Just a swap and a second. At the time it was a rape and Reggie loved it. I’m so glad we have Mayock now! That **** don’t fly no more

That trade was baddd but he was new and that draft sucked going into it.  I think taking Hayden at 12 was the bigger mistake.  Rumor had it he was prepared to take him at 3 which is insane,,, he was a 2nd round CB whose last time on the field he almost legit died.  How crazy is that?  

The mack trade hurts me the most.  And not just because he couldn’t not throw the 2nd in ‘20 to them... because he traded him to the bears when SF and NYJ would have gotten us a top 3 pick.  Imagine if we got the Jets #3 (Q.Williams) and #11 this year (Lamb/Jeudy/etc)?

It suck in hindsight and the talent but he got worked over hard he should have got at least a second the next year. Reggie doesn’t deserve I’m new I don’t know what to do. He shouldn’t be there if that’s happening.

the Mack trade divided me as well I knew it would screw us over and if we paid him instead tag trade or whatever to Carr we would be building a sound defense. But it shows how Gruden side speaks its 2 faced don’t take anything he says as value until FA is over and trade deadline is over

You are down four points.on their 38 yard line 4th quarter and you need to win this for the AFC championship. You are vs a top 5 defense who do you send to defeat them? Carr or Mahomes?

Lol that’s a joke question cuz we already know who can actually play football.

Only because the ridiculous bs from someone. I would rather say Gannon get out of the booth hand him a helmet jersey and gear to play for the win before I expect Carr to have a sack to try

Edited by Gannon12

7 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I’ll agree it was quick and sad. But remember Reggie was still GM. He always gets worked over. Mayock in no way shape or form would get worked over he don’t play games  

(rape)

I'm not so sure it was all on Reggie, easy to blame him when he's not here but Gruden would have had an awful lot of say especially as he would have know McKenzies time was nearly over. We also got worked over on the Bryant, Trevor Davis and Zay Jones trades and this to me smacks of Gruden and his impulsiveness. I like all here hope Mayock can bring an element if reason and calm, particularly on the trade and draft front.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm not so sure it was all on Reggie, easy to blame him when he's not here but Gruden would have had an awful lot of say especially as he would have know McKenzies time was nearly over. We also got worked over on the Bryant, Trevor Davis and Zay Jones trades and this to me smacks of Gruden and his impulsiveness. I like all here hope Mayock can bring an element if reason and calm, particularly on the trade and draft front.  

Agreed, pretty obvious that Gruden runs the show and he brought Mayock in so it will be Mayock dancing to Grudens tune rather than the other way round. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That trade was baddd but he was new and that draft sucked going into it.  I think taking Hayden at 12 was the bigger mistake.  Rumor had it he was prepared to take him at 3 which is insane,,, he was a 2nd round CB whose last time on the field he almost legit died.  How crazy is that?  

The mack trade hurts me the most.  And not just because he couldn’t not throw the 2nd in ‘20 to them... because he traded him to the bears when SF and NYJ would have gotten us a top 3 pick.  Imagine if we got the Jets #3 (Q.Williams) and #11 this year (Lamb/Jeudy/etc)?

Easy to say this in hindsight, but the 49ers were seen as an upcoming team and with Mack and assuming Jimmy G remained healthy they probably thought they would be playoffs bound. Jets would have been interesting, they like us always seem to shoot themselves in the foot and unlikely they wiuld have nade playoffs. With Mack, I dont think either would have retrospectively finished bottom 3 or close to that. 

I hated the trade aswell but because I love defense and he was the best D player we had since Howie Long and good teams simply dont trade those guys in their prime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed, pretty obvious that Gruden runs the show and he brought Mayock in so it will be Mayock dancing to Grudens tune rather than the other way round. 

Agree that it is Grudens show but I was pleased with how unflashy our draft was, if you know what I mean. Filled needs with good pedigree football players and didn't go for the flashy, high risk, impulsive picks signals to me that Mayock might have some decent influence there and may have just enough of Grudens ear to save us from ourselves! Hopefully we won't see the impulsive, almost desperate type trades this season but more long term thinking and FA additions that fit into our strategy.