The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not questioning that but so is everyone in the top 5 at LW.

I mean, we're also talking about MMA, here. MMA math simply doesn't work nor should it really exist. I don't want Max to be fluctuating between the divisions. I think the only way Max fights at 155 again is a full-on move up in weight. I don't think Max is the mystery fight, btw, I just used him as another example of who it could be.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I mean, we're also talking about MMA, here. MMA math simply doesn't work nor should it really exist. I don't want Max to be fluctuating between the divisions. I think the only way Max fights at 155 again is a full-on move up in weight. I don't think Max is the mystery fight, btw, I just used him as another example of who it could be.

I agree. I just think it would be a bad move.

It's gotta be Oliveira 

58 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think he's gotta have a bit of a medical suspension though and since Dana was talking about it already I figured it wouldnt be Max? Especially since Max is supposedly going to get the next crack at the FW title

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

what are you looking for?

I just feel like more money will come in on Conor once it becomes official. If he comes out and looks to be in good shape, people in Vegas will be throwing more money down on him swinging the odds even more. He's fought Floyd Mayweather, so people will automatically go with the big name. 

I'm throwing money on diamond ML and a sprinkle on diamond by finish. Nothing that'll break the bank but I feel like he's got a much better shot than the odds are giving him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JonStark said:

I just feel like more money will come in on Conor once it becomes official. If he comes out and looks to be in good shape, people in Vegas will be throwing more money down on him swinging the odds even more. He's fought Floyd Mayweather, so people will automatically go with the big name. 

I'm throwing money on diamond ML and a sprinkle on diamond by finish. Nothing that'll break the bank but I feel like he's got a much better shot than the odds are giving him. 

I'm wondering how much it'll swing because its swung quite a bit already like I said maybe 70-100 in Conor's favor(in your favor for betting Dustin)

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Depends on the circumstances. If Max wants to permanently move up to 155 and you give him time to do what Jon Jones is doing in the move up to Heavyweight, Max's outlook at 155 looks completely different.

And Conor hinted at Max being in his sights as a future opponent so a move to 155 could be huge for him.

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's gotta be Oliveira 

If Conor wins and then Nate beats Oliveira it puts the UFC in a great spot. Because then they can do Conor/Khabib 2 next but if Khabib isn't interested they can strip him and do Conor/Diaz 3 for the vacated title. 

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)