The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

he landed, what, like 82% of his strikes? I've never seen that. Nuts how many people are talking ish about O'Malley after this

Nuts that people dont realize that Moutinho wasnt supposed to make it out of the first. O'Malley was -300 TO FINISH, this simply isnt a good look. And yes, Moutinho was insanely tough, but it doesnt make him skilled. I wonder what happens when O'malley fights a guy who can push a pace and actually be a good wrestler or have some power. DOes anyone pat Lebron James on the back for lighting up the 2 way contract guys? 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Nuts that people dont realize that Moutinho wasnt supposed to make it out of the first. O'Malley was -300 TO FINISH, this simply isnt a good look. And yes, Moutinho was insanely tough, but it doesnt make him skilled. I wonder what happens when O'malley fights a guy who can push a pace and actually be a good wrestler or have some power. DOes anyone pat Lebron James on the back for lighting up the 2 way contract guys? 

prayer circle:

🕯      🕯
           🕯                          🕯
              Ronald Acuña Jr’s
        🕯  injury isnt going to 🕯
               Be Anything serious 
           🕯                           🕯    
                   🕯       🕯

• Like 1

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

it's crazy how people act like a one punch ko is a more definitive victory than beating someone definitively over 15 (or 25) minutes.

people also don't realize that there's a degree of difficulty to facing a fighter who came in on short notice, who you weren't preparing for.

your Ben Simmons analogy was close. but it's like if he went out and went 30/32 shooting. you'd be like damn that's impressive, regardless of the competition. O'Malley did what he was supposed to do, but it was impressive nonetheless 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol someone doesn't like Sean O'Malley because that's a stupid ******* take and I'm pissed you guys keep quoting him making me read his stupid ****.

lol.

it's the silliness of sports fandom, especially in MMA. either person is the best or he's trash.

Hall lost today, so he's trash.

O'Malley didn't knock the guy out in 20 seconds, so he's trash.

I'm sure whoever loses the main event is awful and a fraud too.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, NYRaider said:

Sean O'Malley vs Kris Moutinho - 9 

Tai Tuivasa vs Greg Hardy - 8 

Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier - 7

Gilbert Burns vs Stephen Thompson - 6 

Jennifer Maia vs Jessica Eye - 5

Carlos Condit vs Max Griffin - 4

Niko Price vs Michel Pereira - 3

Trevin Giles vs Dricus du Plessis - 2 

Irene Aldana vs Yana Kunitskaya - 1 

+24 perfect night ?????

lol.

it's the silliness of sports fandom, especially in MMA. either person is the best or he's trash.

Hall lost today, so he's trash.

O'Malley didn't knock the guy out in 20 seconds, so he's trash.

I'm sure whoever loses the main event is awful and a fraud too.

sPoRtZ

it's crazy how people act like a one punch ko is a more definitive victory than beating someone definitively over 15 (or 25) minutes.

people also don't realize that there's a degree of difficulty to facing a fighter who came in on short notice, who you weren't preparing for.

your Ben Simmons analogy was close. but it's like if he went out and went 30/32 shooting. you'd be like damn that's impressive, regardless of the competition. O'Malley did what he was supposed to do, but it was impressive nonetheless 

Except thats not what i said, at all. It wasnt that it wasnt a one oucnh knockout, O'Malley was a -1000 faovrite to win. Ive never seen seen a line as wide in the ufc. Theres was essentially no question if he would win.

And sure, we can use youre example. Ben Simmons went 30/32. But he just backed down a dude he had a foot and 75 pounds on. Meanwhile, that dude also scored on Simmons occasionally and showed you can drive to the basket against him. AGAIN, MOutinho was (essentially) always going to lose. But O'Malley got gassed, pushed back and still apparently has little answers for leg kicks. I wonder when he starts to fight even the 10-15 guys instead of guys that get brought in to lose or on the edge of being cut.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol someone doesn't like Sean O'Malley because that's a stupid ******* take and I'm pissed you guys keep quoting him making me read his stupid ****.

is it so hard to follow forum rules and not use expletives'? Its a really, really simple rule.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)