The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'd give Garry Colby. He wants it and I'd like to see him "retire" Colby. 

Might help Garry rehab his image a bit too, Colby is probably one of the few fighters hated on more right now. 

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Poirier keeps saying he wants the title, that fight doesnt do anything to help get there 

It makes him a lot of money though, and is an easy enough opponent to give him a free dub as he waits to potentially fight for the belt. Realistically, what is he going to do? I don't see him fighting anyone else in the Top 5 or taking on another young threat like BSD. 

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Gaethje beats Max and Olives beats Armen, then you have to book Justin v Islam

If Charles beats Armen, it should be Charles. Gaethje and Poirier are stale and are 0-2 in title fights. Charles just ended Dariush's career and if he beats Armen, he's number one easily 

8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

If Charles beats Armen, it should be Charles. Gaethje and Poirier are stale and are 0-2 in title fights. Charles just ended Dariush's career and if he beats Armen, he's number one easily 

Olives already lost to Islam tho. I get it, stylistically he has a better chance but i bet the UFC wants a different guy. Islams last 4 title shots/defenses cant be against the same 2 guys

12 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It makes him a lot of money though, and is an easy enough opponent to give him a free dub as he waits to potentially fight for the belt. Realistically, what is he going to do? I don't see him fighting anyone else in the Top 5 or taking on another young threat like BSD. 

Depends on who gets the LW shot, if Gaethje does, hopefully Armen beats Olives and the DP can fight Armen

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Olives already lost to Islam tho. I get it, stylistically he has a better chance but i bet the UFC wants a different guy. Islams last 4 title shots/defenses cant be against the same 2 guys

Those 2 guys have had the best chance to win. Gaethje and Poirier again have gotten their @$$es handed to them in every title fight and are terrible stylistic matchups. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Depends on who gets the LW shot, if Gaethje does, hopefully Armen beats Olives and the DP can fight Armen

Do you think he would? If he gets the feeling by waiting he'll be next up at some point without having to take the risk of fighting Armen?

15 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Those 2 guys have had the best chance to win. Gaethje and Poirier again have gotten their @$$es handed to them in every title fight and are terrible stylistic matchups. 

I understand all of that...but worse fights have been made like Colby/Leon

And as we saw from the Izzy/Strickland matchup, sometimes availability is the biggest factor. Gaethje/Max and Armen/Olives are booked. Islam hasnt fought in 5 months and isnt on the next 2 PPV cards. He needs a dance partner 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I understand all of that...but worse fights have been made like Colby/Leon

And as we saw from the Izzy/Strickland matchup, sometimes availability is the biggest factor. Gaethje/Max and Armen/Olives are booked. Islam hasnt fought in 5 months and isnt on the next 2 PPV cards. He needs a dance partner 

I just want Islam to lose because that division needs to fight more than once a year 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)