The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

14 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

round 2 was super close, wouldnt argue either way depending who you scored it for. what justification is there giving jourdain the 1st though? got dropped and even if you completley ignore that he didnt clearly win the rest of the round.

Oh yeah he definitely lost the first, but I gave him 2 and 3. 

35 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i dont know if youre misrembering fights or just dont like the guy but he dis not get outclassed by whitaker. he def beat gastellum although the wonderboy fight was extremly  close.

He clearly lost to Whittaker. The Gastelum fight I'd give to him but it wasn't an impressive performance by any means. And he lost the Wonder Boy fight but the UFC didn't want to do Woodley-Thompson 3 and needed some new blood at the top of the division so they gave it to him. I like Till I just think that he's massively overrated. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He clearly lost to Whittaker. The Gastelum fight I'd give to him but it wasn't an impressive performance by any means. And he lost the Wonder Boy fight but the UFC didn't want to do Woodley-Thompson 3 and needed some new blood at the top of the division so they gave it to him. I like Till I just think that he's massively overrated. 

a clear lose isnt the same as getting outclassed. amd in out on the conspiracy theory stuff, ufc doesnt control decisions, if they did theyd change a whole gang of them.

9 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Feel like a girl who keeps coming back to an abusive boyfriend when I watch Condit. Great performance from him and now I'm convinced he's turned it around and is back.

Now watch him go and get subbed by Mickey Gall in the first minute of his next fight.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

a clear lose isnt the same as getting outclassed. amd in out on the conspiracy theory stuff, ufc doesnt control decisions, if they did theyd change a whole gang of them.

It was the perfect storm for Till though. Fighting in his home country in the main event, an up and coming contender, and a guy that the UFC wanted to see at the top of the division. Fighting on home soil definitely had an impact on that decision. Either way though Till has regularly fallen short against the top tier guys in the UFC. He's not good enough anywhere to force his will on his opponents and doesn't have the power or striking to finish guys. That's not really a recipe for success at the top of 185.