The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

52 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They are cutting people and the last thing they want to do is spend big time money on someone that hasn't fought in 3 years. I get that Rumble is a fan favorite but he probably wanted a hefty paycheck and they can't justify it right now.

Now, if they bring back Nick Diaz at a hefty pay rate, then yes, I agree.

besides jiri and maybe like jamahal hill and johnny walker, nothing is interesting in 205. nobody besides mma fans gives af about any of those 205ers.. rumble was the only guy that was interesting. and unless he's just completely washed, he probably wrecks everyone there. at the very least he could help legitimize some of the other guys. crazy to let bellator outbid you for him. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

well then crazy to let him walk 

LIS, you can't sign someone who hasn't fought in 3 years to a big money deal when you're cutting 60 fighters. It's a bad look. Now, if they sign Nick Diaz, who is "99 percent" coming back, to a big money deal then it's a bad look and I agree you shouldn't have let Rumble leave.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

LIS, you can't sign someone who hasn't fought in 3 years to a big money deal when you're cutting 60 fighters. It's a bad look. Now, if they sign Nick Diaz, who is "99 percent" coming back, to a big money deal then it's a bad look and I agree you shouldn't have let Rumble leave.

it's not some random guy who hasn't fought in 3 years, it's a guy who most would assume is probably the best in the division at this point lol. nick diaz is obviously not competing for **** and has been washed. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

it's not some random guy who hasn't fought in 3 years, it's a guy who most would assume is probably the best in the division at this point lol. nick diaz is obviously not competing for **** and has been washed. 

We have no idea whether Rumble is any good anymore either. I love Rumble but it's not like he's been the most reliable person either. He was at the top of the game and he flaked out to go start a marijuana business or whatever it was. That might've rubbed Dana and company the wrong way. 

and...

website problems GIF

Nick is a god and you better shut your trap lol. 

UFC 256 Pick'em
Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno    6
Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira     4
Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev       1
Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza          2
Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane       8
Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda          3
Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba       7
Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo       5

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno   8   
Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira    6 
Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev    5
Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza       3
Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane      7
Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda   1
Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba 4     
Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo   2

MacFarlane loses the flyweight title in Belator.....I was a bit shocked when I saw the odds were relatively even, and actually slightly favoring the undefeated challenge Velasquz.  Now I see why!!!!!

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/12/bellator-254-results-juliana-velasquez-ilima-lei-macfarlane-claims-flyweight-title

UFC 256 Pick'em
Tony Ferguson vs Charles Oliveira - 8 

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Brandon Moreno - 7 

Mackenzie Dern vs Virna Jandiroba - 6

Junior dos Santos vs Ciryl Gane - 5 

Kevin Holland vs Jacare Souza - 4 

Cub Swanson vs Daniel Pineda - 3

Renato Moicano vs Rafael Fiziev - 2 

Gavin Tucker vs Billy Quarantillo - 1 

Edited by NYRaider