The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Leon Edwards v Vicente Luque is the fight to make?

Rocky beat Luque 4 years ago so he probably wont like it but he lost to Usman less than 6 years ago so he cant say he's gotten so much better in that time but ignore Luque

Gilbert needs another win given he lost to Usman most recently.

Selfishly I want to see Luque get the title shot, but you're probably right. I just think he's done enough to jump Edwards in the rankings with Leon only having a win over Nate Diaz in over two years.

14 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Selfishly I want to see Luque get the title shot, but you're probably right. I just think he's done enough to jump Edwards in the rankings with Leon only having a win over Nate Diaz in over two years.

Maybe its recency bias or whatever but I just would be surprised if he got a title shot off of beating Chiesa. I love Chiesa but same thing goes for him, Id have a hard time seeing him get the next shot if he subbed Luque like it looked like he was going to. Leon needs to win another and I think Luque should be that dance partner. He took little to no damage

The only wrench that could get thrown in is if Colby beats Usman because the trilogy would be VERY interesting at the press conferences at least. Can you imagine Colby as the undisputed Champ?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Maybe its recency bias or whatever but I just would be surprised if he got a title shot off of beating Chiesa. I love Chiesa but same thing goes for him, Id have a hard time seeing him get the next shot if he subbed Luque like it looked like he was going to. Leon needs to win another and I think Luque should be that dance partner. He took little to no damage

The only wrench that could get thrown in is if Colby beats Usman because the trilogy would be VERY interesting at the press conferences at least. Can you imagine Colby as the undisputed Champ?

I think there is a better argument for Luque jumping Colby and fighting Usman immediately than skipping Leon to fight him afterwards (which is obviously not happening). 

Since Colby vs Usman II is clearly set... Luque / Edwards for the #1 contender is ABSOLUTELY the no-brainer fight to make, at this point. 

If Colby wins (which I don't think will happen), the trilogy will likely be after, pending significant injuries (maybe even still, with Luque/Edwards being an interim belt).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

I think there is a better argument for Luque jumping Colby and fighting Usman immediately than skipping Leon to fight him afterwards (which is obviously not happening). 

Since Colby vs Usman II is clearly set... Luque / Edwards for the #1 contender is ABSOLUTELY the no-brainer fight to make, at this point. 

If Colby wins (which I don't think will happen), the trilogy will likely be after, pending significant injuries (maybe even still, with Luque/Edwards being an interim belt).

It really is the obvious choice given Luque took no damage, doesnt have a ridiculous weight cut and same goes for Leon sans 1 punch

On 8/9/2021 at 5:10 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Leon Edwards v Vicente Luque is the fight to make?

I'd like to see it, Luque is 9-1 in his last 10 with his only loss coming against Wonderboy via decision. Edwards is 10-1-1 in his last 111 with his only loss coming against Usman. Seems like the perfect #1 contender fight with Usman/Colby 2 already booked. 

This is absolute gold. Holland says he quit training at AKA after a week because he couldn't stop smoking weed. Then claimed he has been doing a ton of wrestling work with Johnny Hendrix. When asked how often he has been working with Johnny, he said honestly not enough. Johnny if you're listening, please call me.