The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Don't like the idea of giving guys title shots after only 1 win following a title fight loss. No matter who they are or who they beat 

I'm skeptical they make Gaethje vs Oliveira/Poirier winner, depending on how much time to recover they need.

If Islam smashes Dariush like he did Hooker, it's going to very hard to continue to justify a title shot for Gaethje. Feels like Justin needs to get his title fight signed before the IM/BD fight. 

---

I think if the winner of the CO/DP fights again before April, Gaethje gets the title shot.

If they wait to defend until May or June, it will be the IM/BD winner. 

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

I'm skeptical they make Gaethje vs Oliveira/Poirier winner, depending on how much time to recover they need.

If Islam smashes Dariush like he did Hooker, it's going to very hard to continue to justify a title shot for Gaethje. Feels like Justin needs to get his title fight signed before the IM/BD fight. 

---

I think if the winner of the CO/DP fights again before April, Gaethje gets the title shot.

If it's a war or a longer fight I don't see either of them fighting that soon. Chucky is more likely to fight sooner than DP. Chucky needs the money more. 

i want to see Chucky fight Islam or Beneil. If he loses, maybe he can fight the loser. If he wins, I want to see him fight the winner.

Charles would end up breaking one of JGs limbs by the end of the 3rd imo

The Pettis bros somehow got titles in lighter weight classes being slower fighters. It's pretty impressive. I don't think there was a soul on the planet that thought Sergio would have an answer for Kyoji Horiguchi tonight. Pettis bros just don't have any type of answer for quicker fighters.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The Pettis bros somehow got titles in lighter weight classes being slower fighters. It's pretty impressive. I don't think there was a soul on the planet that thought Sergio would have an answer for Kyoji Horiguchi tonight. Pettis bros just don't have any type of answer for quicker fighters.

lol then he knocks him out. Wow.

Sad to see Kyoji go out like that. Such a great fighter, and probably the best Asian prospect of all time. UFC rushed him along in order to feed a needy MM at the time, and lost out on a possible Japanese star as a result. Won't call it a fluke because that's a sequence you can tell Pettis has drilled a lot and he earned the W, but it's certainly a low % hail mary that saved him from a 5 Round drubbing against a more skilled/gifted fighter. 

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Sad to see Kyoji go out like that. Such a great fighter, and probably the best Asian prospect of all time. UFC rushed him along in order to feed a needy MM at the time, and lost out on a possible Japanese star as a result. Won't call it a fluke because that's a sequence you can tell Pettis has drilled a lot and he earned the W, but it's certainly a low % hail mary that saved him from a 5 Round drubbing against a more skilled/gifted fighter. 

Was 100% a hail mary attempt. He did throw a few earlier in the fight but he's on his way to a 50-45 loss if he doesn't land that prayer. 

14 hours ago, Soggust said:

---

As much as I’ve bashed Islams resume and how much i want Gaethje to get the next shot, if Islam just smeshes Dariush in R1 I wouldn’t hate him getting the next shot. All depends on how the title shot goes. If it is a quick win for Olives/Dustin then the Gaethje fight might be booked before Islam fights