The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Guessing he meant to shoot the alleged abuser instead of the father?

Yes.  The step son was just arrested and let out on a small bind for molestation of one of cains kids at day care. He fired at him and hit his step dad.

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Masvidal beats Colby?

Would be nice...but no

Just saw this.....Bo Nickal is world class in wrestling.  Obviously he is training with Jorge, and I wouldn't expect him to say anything negative about his skills....so I would take this with a grain of salt!

Now the part where he talks about Colby's wrestling bein so-so....I am sure that would be the case if it was strictly wrestling....at least from what he has seen!

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022/03/ufc-272-bo-nickal-discusses-jorge-masvidal-training-colby-covington-wrestling

Edited by big poppa pump

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone think Masvidal beats Colby?

I don't know if I think he wins, but I definitely think he's more than a live dog in this fight. I'll say 60/40 Covington?

Masvidal has above average TDD imo and a clear edge on the feet. He's been training for Usman 2x and Askren in 3 of his last 4 fights. He will be more than ready for the wrestling, imo.

I do think the most likely scenario is a wall and stall / jab Colby decision (ala Covington/Lawler and Usman/Masvidal I), but I personally think the second most likely scenario is a Masvidal KO. 

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

I don't know if I think he wins, but I definitely think he's more than a live dog in this fight. I'll say 60/40 Covington?

Masvidal has above average TDD imo and a clear edge on the feet. He's been training for Usman 2x and Askren in 3 of his last 4 fights. He will be more than ready for the wrestling, imo.

I do think the most likely scenario is a wall and stall / jab Colby decision (ala Covington/Lawler and Usman/Masvidal I), but I personally think the second most likely scenario is a Masvidal KO. 

I agree thats the 2nd most likely outcome bc neither will get a sub, Jorge isnt winning a decision and Colby has pillow hands