The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I think if Jorge loses, he fights 1 more time and calls it.

EDIT: So apparently he signed a new deal so he's not going anywhere.

Yea and I think even a loss keeps him relevant whereas a Colby loss might keep him so far away from a title unless Usman loses it

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That press conference was pretty terrible on both sides...

I can't believe people still fall for Masvidal's grift lol. Hopefully Covington puts an end to it tomorrow night. I hate Colby but I'm tired of people thinking Masvidal is an elite fighter lol.

23 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I can't believe people still fall for Masvidal's grift lol. Hopefully Covington puts an end to it tomorrow night. I hate Colby but I'm tired of people thinking Masvidal is an elite fighter lol.

Yea its interesting...I mean he had an great run beating Diaz-Askren-Till in whatever order but looked lost vs Usman. The gap between those 3 and Usman is big...I just wonder how much worse Colby is than Usman in this fight(MMA math blah blah blah) I hate Colby's shtick but I need him to win

What are some takes you guys have that are controversial to the majority of what other people think in MMA? Here's some of mine.

-aside from McKee and Mousasi, One and Rizin have better talent than Bellator.

-you should be able to knee a downed opponent and use soccer kicks.

-they should elimate the cage and switch to the ring like Pride so people it's not used in take down defense or taking down period. Show you who the good wrestlers are.

-Tibau was robbed against Khabib

-Chuck is the most advanced guy on the ground in the lighter weights (170 and below for me). He defends 2 more times this year barring injuries 

-Islam ends Conor's UFC career and whatever is left of it

Edited by BullsandBroncos

4 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

What are some takes you guys have that are controversial to the majority of what other people think in MMA? Here's some of mine.

-aside from McKee and Mousasi, One and Rizin have better talent than Bellator.

-you should be able to knee a downed opponent and use soccer kicks.

-they should elimate the cage and switch to the ring like Pride so people it's not used in take down defense or taking down period. Show you who the good wrestlers are.

-Tibau was robbed against Khabib

-Chuck is the most advanced guy on the ground in the lighter weights (170 and below for me). He defends 2 more times this year barring injuries 

-Islam ends Conor's UFC career and whatever is left of it

How would a ring be better at fence grabs?

35 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How would a ring be better at fence grabs?

Not fence grabs. People wouldn't be able to scoot up against the cage to stand up or use the cage exclusively for takedowns because they can't get people down without it 

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1