The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

Confidence - Winner

8/10 - Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev -Ā I want to be 10/10 confidence here, but out of respect for Charles I'll give him 1/10 and because he throws a ton of stuff up the middle, I'll add another 1/10. If there is a KO for Charles, it's likely via that front kick. That's about all I like in this fight for Charles. He's great and I love him, but he ain't Gilbert Burns off his back. He ain't subbing one of these Dagestanis. He has a puncher's chance, but that's all we are really talking about.

8/10 - Aljamain SterlingĀ (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw -Ā What's Aljo's path to victory? Outwrestling TJ? No way. I don't understand the odds on this fight at all. Terrible style matchup for my man Aljo.Ā 

3/10 - Petr Yan vs. Sean Oā€™Malley - I actually think O'Malley is a nightmare style matchup for Yan and would have considered even taking him prior to Sandhagen, but Yan just beat a better version (imo), so it's hard not to take him here on pure talent.

3/10 - Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot - I don't see Dariush getting outwrestled so I'm going with the more experience in standup wars.Ā Ā 

4/10 - Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot -Ā Chook traveled late. Bad weight cut. The only thing is Chook is a master at making fights boring and outpointing, but I think Fiorot will get it done.

Ā 

7/10 - Belal Muhammad vs. Sean Brady - Don't understand the odds on this one. Brady is going to wrestlef--k Belal? I don't buy it. I don't care how strong he is. Belal is a legit grappler who can avoid being smothered. On the feet, Brady can still win, but I LOVE this bet with Belal's odds.

9/10 - Makhmud Muradov vs. Caio Borralho -Ā The next killer prospect. Muradov is a dog, but Caio is being put here to shine.

2/10 - Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir -Ā Can easily see this going either way, but I tend to think Krylov will stand and bang and Oezdemir tends to do well and surprise people in those types of fights.

4/10 - Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev -Ā I think Abubabkar is the crappy Numagomedov iirc. Inconsistent over last few years and the other dude looks decent on paper.

5/10 - Armen Petrosyan vs. A.J. Dobson - I acutally like Dobson and want to bet him here, but I think Petrosyan is just a more technical kickboxer on the feet and Dobson isn't a good enough wrestler to keep him down.Ā 

10/10 - Muhammad Mokaev vs. Malcolm Gordon - Mokaev is a killer and the biggest favorite on the card. Gordon is not the guy to derail this hypetrain, imo.

1/10 - Karol Rosa vs. Lina LƤnsberg - Lansberg faced tougher competition imo, and Rosa been more consistent. No idea who wins this, but I'll take the underdog purely for the odds.

Edited by Soggust

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

Confidence - Winner

8/10 - Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev -Ā I want to be 10/10 confidence here, but out of respect for Charles I'll give him 1/10 and because he throws a ton of stuff up the middle, I'll add another 1/10. If there is a KO for Charles, it's likely via that front kick. That's about all I like in this fight for Charles. He's great and I love him, but he ain't Gilbert Burns off his back. He ain't subbing one of these Dagestanis. He has a puncher's chance, but that's all we are really talking about.

8/10 - Aljamain SterlingĀ (c) vs. T.J. Dillashaw -Ā What's Aljo's path to victory? Outwrestling TJ? No way. I don't understand the odds on this fight at all. Terrible style matchup for my man Aljo.Ā 

3/10 - Petr Yan vs. Sean Oā€™Malley - I actually think O'Malley is a nightmare style matchup for Yan and would have considered even taking him prior to Sandhagen, but Yan just beat a better version (imo), so it's hard not to take him here on pure talent.

3/10 - Beneil Dariush vs. Mateusz Gamrot - I don't see Dariush getting outwrestled so I'm going with the more experience in standup wars.Ā Ā 

4/10 - Katlyn Chookagian vs. Manon Fiorot -Ā Chook traveled late. Bad weight cut. The only thing is Chook is a master at making fights boring and outpointing, but I think Fiorot will get it done.

Ā 

7/10 - Belal Muhammad vs. Sean Brady - Don't understand the odds on this one. Brady is going to wrestlef--k Belal? I don't buy it. I don't care how strong he is. Belal is a legit grappler who can avoid being smothered. On the feet, Brady can still win, but I LOVE this bet with Belal's odds.

9/10 - Makhmud Muradov vs. Caio Borralho -Ā The next killer prospect. Muradov is a dog, but Caio is being put here to shine.

2/10 - Nikita Krylov vs. Volkan Oezdemir -Ā Can easily see this going either way, but I tend to think Krylov will stand and bang and Oezdemir tends to do well and surprise people in those types of fights.

4/10 - Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev -Ā I think Abubabkar is the crappy Numagomedov iirc. Inconsistent over last few years and the other dude looks decent on paper.

5/10 - Armen Petrosyan vs. A.J. Dobson - I acutally like Dobson and want to bet him here, but I think Petrosyan is just a more technical kickboxer on the feet and Dobson isn't a good enough wrestler to keep him down.Ā 

10/10 - Muhammad Mokaev vs. Malcolm Gordon - Mokaev is a killer and the biggest favorite on the card. Gordon is not the guy to derail this hypetrain, imo.

1/10 - Karol Rosa vs. Lina LƤnsberg - Lansberg faced tougher competition imo, and Rosa been more consistent. No idea who wins this, but I'll take the underdog purely for the odds.

Gamrot outwrestled Tsarukyan and Brady beat Craig Jones in a grappling match. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Brady beat Boring Belal at all.

Ā 

No doubt it will be an interesting afternoon. Hoping Charles proves all the doubters wrongĀ 

One of the reason I believe Charles has a better chance than anyone is giving him is because of how talented he is in the clinch. Islam's takedown style comes from body clinches against the cage and trips. He never uses single legs or double legs like Khabib did most of the time. Very rarely shoots for a takedown in the open area of the cage. Like all the Dagestanis, he relies solely on getting guys against the cage and getting his arms around you.Ā 
Ā 

if anyone can hurt Islam in the clinch, it's Charles. I can see him getting or arm or leg, RNC, or one of those front kicks.

Ā 

I'm very excited for this because it's the first title fight in what seems like forever where the 2 best fighters in a division are fighting for the titleĀ 

15 hours ago, Soggust said:

Confidence - Winner

Ā 

You got me retinking a bunch of my bets haha we're pretty off.Ā 

I have Krylov, Brady, Gamrot, and Olves.Ā 

Wake up everyone it's Christmas morning! Ok I have no idea who is winning any of these fights and that's the best part is how much of the card is a toss up fight. Ok for the record let's go

Islam

SterlingĀ 

Suga

Gamrot

Manon

Brady

Like I said my confidence on being correct is 2 out of 10 at best on any of these.Ā 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

You got me retinking a bunch of my bets haha we're pretty off.Ā 

I have Krylov, Brady, Gamrot, and Olves.Ā 

If it makes you feel better,

I watch UFC EVERY SINGLE WEEK for about 10 years now. I've prolly missed 5 fight nights total. I follow MMA forums and can create great arguments for takes (not that these were, but I mean with more time / thought lol).Ā 

I am also NEVER right when it comes to betting and have no idea wtf I am talking about.

You are guaranteed to print today.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

One of the reason I believe Charles has a better chance than anyone is giving him is because of how talented he is in the clinch. Islam's takedown style comes from body clinches against the cage and trips. He never uses single legs or double legs like Khabib did most of the time. Very rarely shoots for a takedown in the open area of the cage. Like all the Dagestanis, he relies solely on getting guys against the cage and getting his arms around you.Ā 
Ā 

if anyone can hurt Islam in the clinch, it's Charles. I can see him getting or arm or leg, RNC, or one of those front kicks.

Ā 

I'm very excited for this because it's the first title fight in what seems like forever where the 2 best fighters in a division are fighting for the titleĀ 

I still like Islam to outgrapple Olives, and win a decision...but Olives is soooooooo dangerous.Ā  He can put his lights out in the standup, and what you didn't mention is those front chokes that he threatens with all the time.Ā  I can't see him submitting Islam from his back, but slipping in a front choke is definitely possible!

3 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I still like Islam to outgrapple Olives, and win a decision...but Olives is soooooooo dangerous.Ā  He can put his lights out in the standup, and what you didn't mention is those front chokes that he threatens with all the time.Ā  I can't see him submitting Islam from his back, but slipping in a front choke is definitely possible!

I mean I think traditional Ā guillotines are some of the easiest subs to get out of and feel like they are some of the rarest to work.Ā 
Ā 

95% of all subs are either arm bars or RNC because of all the wrestlers giving up their backs or someone that sucks at scramblingĀ