The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

54 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Looks like Dana is saying Islam vs Oliveira is still on tap, so I agree. 

McGregor coming back from a broken leg(his like 5th serious injury to that same leg too), to fight Gaethje will be one the funniest things in MMA history 😅.

I mean, prime Conor we will never see again but he would starch Gaethje. He beat up on fiziev but he still was throwing punches so goofy that he can tripping and falling all over the place 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Looks like Dana is saying Islam vs Oliveira is still on tap, so I agree. 

McGregor coming back from a broken leg(his like 5th serious injury to that same leg too), to fight Gaethje will be one the funniest things in MMA history 😅.

Oh thats a good point. Gaethje might actually cripple him

Great day of fights. 

Shame to see Volk starched like that, but we kind of all knew the writing was on the wall. Terrible situation, should have let Gamrot or someone get knocked out instead lol.

I don't understand the 28:28 scorecard in the co-main. That was a 30-26 for Khamzat imo with the 2nd being the only debateable round. Usman actually did worse than I expected. But no shame - Khamzat is a beast. I just expect the world of Usman, based on how great he has been over his career. 

Ank is forever cursed and Johnny Walker is always involved in weird ****. Hope they can rebook this soon.

Said + Ikram were both great wins as well. 

Shout out to Mike "the can" Breeden for pulling off a shocker win and shouting out the Kansas City Chiefs hahaha. Although I dont think anyone in Abu Dhabi knows or cares lol.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:53 PM, Soggust said:

Ank is forever cursed and Johnny Walker is always involved in weird ****. Hope they can rebook this soon.

Honestly that should've just been a DQ. It was clearly an illegal strike.

I do believe JW just didn't actually know where he was though. Such a weird ending. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

yea I dont understand why wasnt it a DQ?...is it a timing thing or does it not matter where at in the round?

I thought that the only timing aspect was whether or not the fight was judged based off what had already happened or not, but I don' think that applies to a DQ. If a guy commits a foul like that and the opponent can't continue, it's pretty clear they get a loss. 

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm guessing Jones isnt out too terribly long otherwise Stipe would be fighting...right?

Love the fight though, much more interesting than Bones v Stipe

Who knows? Still would be weird to bring him back and not have him fight the interim champ. Are we just going to have two belts for the foreseeable future until Bones and Stipe both announce their retirement after the fight? 

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Who knows? Still would be weird to bring him back and not have him fight the interim champ. Are we just going to have two belts for the foreseeable future until Bones and Stipe both announce their retirement after the fight? 

See that is very much in play and I hadn't thought about that. Pav/Tommy winner could very well just get promoted to undisputed if Bones/Stipe winner retires...I just dont think Bone retires though