The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I just think it would be huge because they're both fan favorites, they're both extremely willing to go back-n-forth with their banter, and they'd both do an excellent job of promoting the fight to get fans excited about it. Plus aside from the banter/rivalry, we'd get to see two undefeated champions from different weight classes go at it. 

It would do amazing numbers for a non-Conor fight, no question. You'd have so many people tuning in to see Jon lose. You'd have so many people tuning in to see Izzy lose. I mean, think about how many people tuned in to see if Silva or GSP would lose! I was in a PACKED bar when Weidman KO'd Silva and you would've swore the US just won World War 2 with how raucous the reaction was. 

lol watching Embedded made me remember Bobby Knuckles last fight. Literally every single one of my friends think I look like him (like an in-shape version of me) but I just cannot friggin' see it. My guy asked a dozen different people based on my head shot and his head shot and they ALL said yes. My friends are nuts.

Edited by beekay414

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I just don't see any scenario that they fight and Jones doesn't take him down almost immediately at will, wear him out with his grappling/ground-n-pound, before finishing him after a couple of rounds. 

A motivated Jon Jones is the mma goat. He would revert back to Goat Jones version of himself as Izzy clearly "tickles his pickle" probably more than DC did. Izzy wants no part of that and will probably dodge jones until Jones is well out of his prime. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

A motivated Jon Jones is the mma goat. He would revert back to Goat Jones version of himself as Izzy clearly "tickles his pickle" probably more than DC did. Izzy wants no part of that and will probably dodge jones until Jones is well out of his prime. 

Agreed, even if they are the same size, Jones mops Izzy. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)