beekay414

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Stipe coming in at 234, geez. Thought he would be heavier

Was 246 for the first fight

242.5 for DC 1

230.5 for DC 2

233 for DC 3

I guess is shouldn't be surprised? 

I feel like Stipe has been enjoying the lighter, quicker version of himself.  I doubt that what he gives up in weight will significantly impact his power.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Stipe coming in at 234, geez. Thought he would be heavier

Was 246 for the first fight

242.5 for DC 1

230.5 for DC 2

233 for DC 3

I guess is shouldn't be surprised? 

He's taking mobility over everything else I think. Might help him with his quickness and getting Francis to the ground. 

I got Stipe 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I got him too, just think id prefer him a little heavier. Maybe a lighter Stipe has the cardio to go 5 and wrestle a ton?

That fight is such a hard one for me to pick. I think the longer the fight goes the greater the chance Stipe wins. If he is going to win I think it will be critical for him to get him down early and often to wear him down. In Francis is going to win it's likely in the 1st/2nd round. 

6 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He's taking mobility over everything else I think. Might help him with his quickness and getting Francis to the ground. 

I got Stipe 

I agree that him coming in lighter, quicker will help him evade Francis. Francis has certainly got better since their 1st fight but other than the Lewis fight, where he didn't really engage at all, his other 4 victories have all come by first round KO's, with only one of those fights lasting longer than a minute at 1:11. 

We still haven't seen him dragged into deep waters, how his cardio will hold up, or a ton of grappling exchanges since the Stipe fight. His last 4 fights have been done in 40 seconds. 

There's always a chance he catches Stipe early and puts him out. But if Stipe can get him down early and often, grind him out, and survive the first 2 rounds I think he has a great chance to win.

Man, I think Stipe wrestles Francis and takes it but I really like Francis. He's a silent assassin. That dude has the softest voice and the nicest demeanor and he just destroys people for a living. A huge *** Teddy bear with violence in his fists.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Man, I think Stipe wrestles Francis and takes it but I really like Francis. He's a silent assassin. That dude has the softest voice and the nicest demeanor and he just destroys people for a living. A huge *** Teddy bear with violence in his fists.

Yea he really does seem like a nice dude too, very humble but man he's scary lol

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Agreed. I think Francis has 1-2 rounds to land a huge shot or Stipe will grind him out again. 

Really looking forward to this fight. Ngannou got him pretty good in the first fight and Stipe some how survived it. That was 3 years ago and hard to judge how much Ngannou has learned with his wrestling in that time cause all of his fights have been quick. Only thing you know for sure is that he has had more octagon time over the past 3 years with just his training. Stipe is now 3 years older if he gets hit like that first time how will he respond to it. 

Ngannou by knockout in round 2. If it gets passes that then it’s not in his favor. 

Also watched the podcast he did with Joe Rogan. Incredible story especially when he goes into how he left his home town. Hard to not root for a guy like that and then he is so humble to go with it. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303