The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

8 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Yoel is Woodley 2.0.  He has those bursts that can get a fighter out of there, but he conserves his energy, and doesn't engage enough!  I would agree that Yoel is done!  Jake Paul next?

idk if Paul would want it because Yoel isnt going to be ideal for selling the fight. Also Yoel is too big for him

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

idk if Paul would want it because Yoel isnt going to be ideal for selling the fight. Also Yoel is too big for him

Yoel is also a wrestler with limited skills on his feet!  Again...he has those bursts of explosion that could easily take Paul out in a fight, but the more likely scenario is Paul outpointing him the way he did Woodley.  I agree that Yoel wouldn't really be able to sell that fight....unless he walked up to Paul, sucker punched him, and walked away with Paul on the ground...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Yoel is also a wrestler with limited skills on his feet!  Again...he has those bursts of explosion that could easily take Paul out in a fight, but the more likely scenario is Paul outpointing him the way he did Woodley.  I agree that Yoel wouldn't really be able to sell that fight....unless he walked up to Paul, sucker punched him, and walked away with Paul on the ground...lol

and then said "see you soon....boy" LOL

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 3:13 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yeah Yoel isn't an ideal opponent because he hardly speaks english and won't engage in all of the pre-fight banter to promote it. I'd guess that Jake's next fight is against Tommy Fury who signed a 2 fight deal with Showtime, especially if Tyson beats Wilder. The storyline is already built in for them to promote it. Jake can sell it as "my first fight against a real boxer, the brother of the best boxer in the sport." So he can clear the hurdle of not fighting real boxers or guys his size/age. 

On 9/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, beekay414 said:

Now we see why the UFC let Romero walk. Slow on engaging offensively as all hell.

As @big poppa pump said Yoel is similar to Woodley. He had moments where he looked like one of the greatest fighters ever but he was just so gun shy because he gassed out quickly. His last two fights in the UFC sucked.

• Like 1