The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

I'm seeing parallels to pro wrestling here, at least on the surface.

UFC is like the WWE of MMA in that they've signed almost everyone who's worth a damn, but to watch them you have to sit through a bunch of other stuff you don't really care about. I guess when you own the business by default, some degree of stagnation is inevitable.

Bellator is like TNA in that they made headlines long ago by signing a lot of over-the-hill talent, but don't really matter anymore.

And Triller sounds like AEW: a clown show featuring people with large egos and deep pockets, that really exists only to inspire memes and sell t-shirts.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm seeing parallels to pro wrestling here, at least on the surface.

UFC is like the WWE of MMA in that they've signed almost everyone who's worth a damn, but to watch them you have to sit through a bunch of other stuff you don't really care about. I guess when you own the business by default, some degree of stagnation is inevitable.

Bellator is like TNA in that they made headlines long ago by signing a lot of over-the-hill talent, but don't really matter anymore.

And Triller sounds like AEW: a clown show featuring people with large egos and deep pockets, that really exists only to inspire memes and sell t-shirts.

Haha UFC like WWE ... never get the fights you really want just get spoon-fed what sells instead.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Leon Edwards saying he has no interest in fighting Masvidal next. I can see why he thinks he's done enough for a title shot already, but it's obvious the UFC doesn't feel the same way.

Luque is going to probably beat the hell out of Nate Diaz in December and get the next title shot.

And thats why Leon should take the Masvidal fight. 

20 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Leon Edwards saying he has no interest in fighting Masvidal next. I can see why he thinks he's done enough for a title shot already, but it's obvious the UFC doesn't feel the same way.

Luque is going to probably beat the hell out of Nate Diaz in December and get the next title shot.

Terrible move on Leon's part. Masvidal is one of the biggest names in the sport and a win over him 100% gets him a title shot next. As you said if Luque beats on Nate Diaz he'll fight for the belt next and tbh if Nate wins that fight he'll probably get the title shot next. Dana is salivating at the thought of Conor's first fight back being the Nate Diaz trilogy fight for the 170 pound strap. Followed by Conor/Poirier 4 for the 155 pound strap. Champ, champ back?

On 9/13/2021 at 3:58 AM, Soggust said:

Haha UFC like WWE ... never get the fights you really want just get spoon-fed what sells instead.

The reason we're spoon fed fights that sell is because that's what the casual fans want to see. The UFC rankings are literally meaningless because if you're a big name or former champion you get to just skip the line. 

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Very curious about tonight's main event Smith v Spann but also some good fights on the Bellator card too

Interested to see if Yoel has any cardio at LHW

I see Smith winning that, the rest of that card looks good too, can't wait for Tsarukyan vs Giagos and Maness vs Graveley.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)