The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

30 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Great night of fights. Lionheart looks awesome in his last couple of fights. I could see him getting the belt before the Jiri/Crute generation of fighters if he gets by Rakic. 

He's gotta be a lot better with his TDD if he's going to beat Rakic this time. Also, Jiri is next. No chance Smith gets it before the GAWD Jiri P.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's gotta be a lot better with his TDD if he's going to beat Rakic this time. Also, Jiri is next. No chance Smith gets it before the GAWD Jiri P.

Yeah that's true. Might be tough to get through both Rakic and Jiri to get the belt but he has looked great lately. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

But yeah, that was that weird leg stoppage **** too. So who knows how that fight plays out if that doesn't happen.

I mean, it was a weird leg stoppage but he still looked good up until the finish.

I just watched it again and it really was an odd ending though. 

21 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I mean, it was a weird leg stoppage but he still looked good up until the finish.

I just watched it again and it really was an odd ending though. 

It's a razor's edge. Either Crute looks good and wins that fight without it or Smith goes on this run. 

Tonight I thought I'd try out a ONE Championship event. ONE is kind of like UFC but more Asian. Most of their events are held in Singapore. Production values aren't bad. PBP is Michael Schiavello, who does the English broadcasts for almost every non-US MMA event. With him is a Joe Rogan-lite. The ring announcer tries too hard to sound dramatic and just comes off as goofy.

It's an all-women event and I've never heard of any of them. The action itself is okay, but frequently interrupted by commercials. This is why MMA needs to be on PPV. But people won't pay to watch you when all your fighters are unknowns, so maybe that explains it.

Edited by y*so*blu

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)