The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

On 11/13/2023 at 6:15 AM, DreamKid said:

This would be a monster Wembley Stadium show-

Main Card

Tom Aspinall vs Ciryl Gane

Leon Edwards vs Belal Muhammed

Alexander Volkanovski vs Arnold Allen

Michael 'Venom' Page vs Ian Garry

Muhammad Mokaev vs loser of Kape/Nicolau

I guessed an England card 6 months ago and didn't do too bad^^^^^

Nailed the prediction for Leon vs Belal and Mokaev vs Kape.

Should be a fun card, but I wonder what time it will be at?

Catching up a bit with UFC. Or trying to. It's a grim prospect. Creepy Russian guys are taking over every division below LHW and they're still holding minor shows in the Apex, which I loathe.

But there are bright spots: Alex Pereira rules the octagon, cringe-lords Adesanya and Covington are basically out of title contention, I don't have to look at Amanda Nunes' face anymore, and Jon Jones is scared spitless of Tom Aspinall so I don't have to see him either. (Strip him of the HW belt and move on.) And UFC 300 was apparently a classic show.

As for Conor vs Chandler... I really liked Conor about 10 years ago but he has turned into an Irish version of Jon Jones, constantly embarrassing himself in public. Chandler is past his prime too but at least he's not a head case, so I guess I'm rooting for him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Catching up a bit with UFC. Or trying to. It's a grim prospect. Creepy Russian guys are taking over every division below LHW and they're still holding minor shows in the Apex, which I loathe.

But there are bright spots: Alex Pereira rules the octagon, cringe-lords Adesanya and Covington are basically out of title contention, I don't have to look at Amanda Nunes' face anymore, and Jon Jones is scared spitless of Tom Aspinall so I don't have to see him either. (Strip him of the HW belt and move on.) And UFC 300 was apparently a classic show.

As for Conor vs Chandler... I really liked Conor about 10 years ago but he has turned into an Irish version of Jon Jones, constantly embarrassing himself in public. Chandler is past his prime too but at least he's not a head case, so I guess I'm rooting for him.

Ankalaev is coming for LHW too...

Why the hatred for Amanda?...also Izzy is probably fighting DDP for the title next

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have been thinking Chandler will kill McGregor...but I cant help but feel like Conor is a stylistic nightmare for Chandler

Chandler is really hittable. I think Conor puts him away within 3.

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It really feels like a bull & a matador matchup...but Conor has been out for so long I wonder if he still has it in him to put him away

Yeah it's definitely a toss up because we don't know what Conor is going to show up, but I think he comes in ready to go. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 2:10 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ankalaev is coming for LHW too...

Why the hatred for Amanda?...also Izzy is probably fighting DDP for the title next

I dunno. She's the best in the game but that doesn't mean I gotta like her, and I don't. Khabib, same deal.

I've seen some of Conor's recent interviews and he acts like he should be in detox, not the cage.

Edited by y*so*blu