2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

24 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Thing is he didn't say it. He quietly agreed. What else is he supposed to say... Nah, fam, I'm willing to take a discount to stay in Nashville.? 

Right.

Like I said before, this seems like a big overreaction over a minor comment.

• Like 2

I have no doubt he’ll be a Titan. People think it’s so easy to just replace an elite RB. Oh just draft a 2nd round RB... That’s how you end up with another Bishop Sankey. Sure I trust JRob a hell of a lot more than Ruston Webster but Robinson isn’t perfect either. Franchise Henry. Sure he might be pissed but this is a business. If he wants to pout, oh well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Replacing him wouldnt be that hard but I don't think that's the team Vrabel and Robinson want.

Your opinion.  

Yeah you can replace Eddie George's production with Chris Brown's production. But it's not the same player or impact. 

And makes a different team. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Your opinion.  

Yeah you can replace Eddie George's production with Chris Brown's production. But it's not the same player or impact. 

And makes a different team. 

Hold up, you can replace broken down pass his prime Eddie with Chris Brown that’s facts but Eddie in his prime VS Chris Brown we know who we taken. & Henry not even in his prime & they think he can just be replace because that simple 😩🤣 tell that to the Rams Jared Goff hasn’t looked the same since Gurley fell off & the rams drafted a RB in the early rounds. It’s not that simple only teams with elite QB play & high volume passing attack can replace RB’s vs pay them.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

My opinion and historys

What you seem to have failed to see through the millions of back and forth is that yes you can replace a player and get similar production but that doesn't make it the right decision. 

Yeah you can get Latavius Murray for Mark Ingram but that's not the same team. 

Yeah James Conner can give you some yards to replace Levon Bell but that's not anywhere close to the same team. 

The fact that you seem to refuse to acknowledge that is really what's confusing not wanting to pay a key piece of the offense. 

And as you have seen nobody is trying to pay him $100 million. But you don't seem to even want to pay him $20 million. 

It's one thing to pay an back that had battled injuries since he came in the league, a guy that has faced suspensions, a back that pretty much missed the previous season due to injury before you signed (David Johnson) or changing a system like Devonta Freeman. 

None of that is Derrick Henry. 

But fine giving big money to a QB that has torn ACL twice, shoulder injuries, underperforming seasons or a RT that also torn his ACL and struggled coming back the following season. 

But you draw the line with a RB that was the backbone of the offense approach, been a team leader and durable as all get out..... because of the decisions of other GMs. 

And for the record again I'm fine with bringing them back. Bring them all back if we can. But you seem hell-bent on not wanting to spend a dime on Henry.

But give Conklin $100 million like he is the best RT in the game.  Pay Tannehill like he is Rodgers. 

• Like 2

QB is the most important position... By far. RB is among the least important. I understand whoever replaces him doesn't replace his locker room presence.

Go into a season with bad QB play and it doesn't matter who your RB is you're losing games unless your defense is amazing. 

I would be fine spending a reasonable amount on Henry. I advocating bringing him back at 8-9m in like week 16 when we all pretty much agreed that was what he was worth. Now he's worth 16m because of 3 games in most people's mind.

However, that doesn't change that RB has been the most replaceable position in the NFL over the last how many years? And you're comparing that to the least replaceable.

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I love Derrick Henry and I would love him in a Titans uniform next season.

My own emotions do not make a poor decision into a good one.

Paying Derrick Henry is not a poor decision. Deciding he can't be replaced and shelling out a ton of money is.

Well paying him a nice contract wouldn't be a poor decision, in my opinion, even if it's a littler higher than expected. 

Production can be replaced.  

Players can't be.  If that makes any sense. 
Would someone rather have Dak's almost 5000 yards or Winton's 5000 yards.
Mahomes 4031 yards or Wentz's 4039 yards.

Yeah I can get a 4000 yard passer in Wentz for a cheaper deal. But would I pay more for Mahomes?  

Variables in each decision. Not just oh, we can get this from someone else.

Just trying to get that point hammered home. 

• Like 1