2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

37 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Lemme guess, you agree with lesson 1 but not so much lesson 2? Because it doesn't really apply in this case, right? 

Nope agree with both.

Why does everyone assume I have a crush on Tannehill and hate for Henry? Lol

It's nothing personal for either of them. I have more emotional attachment to Henry than Tannehill, but emotions don't make a bad decision into a good one. 

The only thing I even slightly disagree with is coverage over pass rush, but I can see the argument.

Edit: I can just see everyone fuming reading the first segment "Should have known with HIM sharing it" lol

Edited by TitanSS

As ****ty as it sounds, I've already lost pretty much all excitement I had for next year with the way things have turned out so far.

Pees retiring was the first big blow, cause I thought if he came back for another year, Butler returned from injury, add some pass rush help, and we could be in the top 5 defenses next season. But, even with his retirement, thought maybe we could find someone we like at DC and it'd be a "you'd have to try to screw up with this kind of talent" situation. Instead, Vrabel is out here thinking he's Belichick and is seemingly going to take the defense over instead of remaining the largely CEO-type head coach he's been.

On top of that, ignoring the argument over whether or not paying Henry is stupid, it seems because we won 2 post season games we might be stuck in this mindset of conservative, Fisher-ball esque offense. The run, run, screen before half vs KC killed me. And I know it was just one drive, but it went to show that we literally had a QB that had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history..and we still wouldn't put the ball in his hands when it mattered most. We played some conservative, kill the clock BS instead of going for points. And we've done that for so long, and you could always argue "well yeah our QBs have never been good enough to trust", but that wasn't an excuse this year.

It's like it's some terrible disease that this franchise can't get rid of. McNair having an MVP season couldn't rid Fisher of it. Tannehill having one of the greatest stretches in NFL history couldn't convince Vrabel to let loose when we needed it most. We just went back to what we've always been.

And that was gonna be difficult to win with at times even if Pees returned and the defense got back to its usual self with getting healthy and adding pass rush. But now with the guy whose only season of leading a defense resulted in the worst defense in football likely leading it? While I'm sure still meddling in the offensive side of the ball, telling Arthur to just "run the damn ball" or whatever it was his hat said in practice leading up to the KC game.

I hope I'm wrong cause I'm just so tired of it, man. The wins over New England and Baltimore might hurt this team long term rather than actually help it.

My only hope is Robinson stepping in and preventing it. I can't imagine he spent high draft picks on Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Jack Conklin and Nate Davis + large FA contracts on guys like Rodger Saffold and Adam Humphries just to watch us stay stuck in the stone age.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

As ****ty as it sounds, I've already lost pretty much all excitement I had for next year with the way things have turned out so far.

Pees retiring was the first big blow, cause I thought if he came back for another year, Butler returned from injury, add some pass rush help, and we could be in the top 5 defenses next season. But, even with his retirement, thought maybe we could find someone we like at DC and it'd be a "you'd have to try to screw up with this kind of talent" situation. Instead, Vrabel is out here thinking he's Belichick and is seemingly going to take the defense over instead of remaining the largely CEO-type head coach he's been.

On top of that, ignoring the argument over whether or not paying Henry is stupid, it seems because we won 2 post season games we might be stuck in this mindset of conservative, Fisher-ball esque offense. The run, run, screen before half vs KC killed me. And I know it was just one drive, but it went to show that we literally had a QB that had one of the greatest seasons in NFL history..and we still wouldn't put the ball in his hands when it mattered most. We played some conservative, kill the clock BS instead of going for points. And we've done that for so long, and you could always argue "well yeah our QBs have never been good enough to trust", but that wasn't an excuse this year.

It's like it's some terrible disease that this franchise can't get rid of. McNair having an MVP season couldn't rid Fisher of it. Tannehill having one of the greatest stretches in NFL history couldn't convince Vrabel to let loose when we needed it most. We just went back to what we've always been.

And that was gonna be difficult to win with at times even if Pees returned and the defense got back to its usual self with getting healthy and adding pass rush. But now with the guy whose only season of leading a defense resulted in the worst defense in football likely leading it? While I'm sure still meddling in the offensive side of the ball, telling Arthur to just "run the damn ball" or whatever it was his hat said in practice leading up to the KC game.

I hope I'm wrong cause I'm just so tired of it, man. The wins over New England and Baltimore might hurt this team long term rather than actually help it.

My only hope is Robinson stepping in and preventing it. I can't imagine he spent high draft picks on Corey Davis, AJ Brown, Jonnu Smith, Jack Conklin and Nate Davis + large FA contracts on guys like Rodger Saffold and Adam Humphries just to watch us stay stuck in the stone age.

I feel the same about lacking excitement for next season. Not so much because of the Fisher-ball stuff, but more because it’s hard not to expect a step back. What we saw down the stretch in 2019 was likely the best we’ll ever get from this group of guys (mainly Tannehill and Henry), and it still wasn’t good enough for a SB. 

Throw in Pees retiring and all the uncertainty surrounding our core guys and I’m almost expecting a post-2016-Jags type of collapse. 

Hoping I’m wrong obviously, but it’s an ominous feeling for sure. 

44 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Well said my guy, I feel the exact same way. I’m not to thrill with the new secondary coach, I’m getting the feeling Vrab isn’t going to bring someone in to help art develop the passing game. Losing Pees sucks & I have no faith in vrabel calling plays. I get the feeling that vrabel buys into his own ego as a coach & it’s going to comeback & bite him. If not bring in Wade Phillips at least promote our best position coach on the defense.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Nope agree with both.

Why does everyone assume I have a crush on Tannehill and hate for Henry? Lol

It's nothing personal for either of them. I have more emotional attachment to Henry than Tannehill, but emotions don't make a bad decision into a good one. 

The only thing I even slightly disagree with is coverage over pass rush, but I can see the argument.

Edit: I can just see everyone fuming reading the first segment "Should have known with HIM sharing it" lol

I'm not fuming it, I'm not even sweating it. I know we'll find a way to make it all work. 

If love to see your reaction when Henry's deal is announced, though. And please no threats of I'm not even watching next season, etc... Don't say it. Just do it. We have plenty of people jumping on the train. 

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Man, the offseason is only a couple weeks old for us and next season already feels like doom and gloom for some. 

That's unfortunate.

Right? We needed change on D, it fell apart at the end of the season before picking up a little steam in the playoffs. We couldn't get the pass rush to consistently work... We needed change. 

Not saying Pees gets all the blame... But I'd love to get someone like Bettcher in here. 

Shore up the D, keep continuity on offense and we're a team built to win in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Right? We needed change on D, it fell apart at the end of the season before picking up a little steam in the playoffs. We couldn't get the pass rush to consistently work... We needed change. 

Not saying Pees gets all the blame... But I'd love to get someone like Bettcher in here. 

Shore up the D, keep continuity on offense and we're a team built to win in the playoffs. 

The pass rush wouldn't consistently work because we were sending out Harold Landry + UDFA or whoever to get to the passer after Wake went down. When Wake(and Butler) were healthy you could argue our defense was top 3 or 4 in football. You lose the bit of pass rush Wake brought, and the coverage also downgrades with the loss of Butler, and all the sudden the weaknesses of your defense are glaring.

Pees wasn't perfect but he was really good. And more importantly, Vrabel largely shut up and let Pees run the defense because he actually trusted him. Now all indications are Vrabel wants control of the defense, thus seemingly no bringing in a Bettcher or Phillips or anyone else.

I like Vrabel as a CEO-style coach. Vrabel as a play caller/game plan designer? Not so much.

17 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Between this and the talk of the Raiders and Chargers being all in on Brady, today has been a good day.

Agreed. Also the reports that the Pats are willing to pay Brady $30 million. And given that we have to tag Tannehill before FA, there’s no way we go into FA with a four-team  bidding war for a 43 year old being our primary option at QB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

this is the most battered fan syndrome thing i've ever seen on here, and i'm usually the king of that ****. good gracious, man