2020 Titans Off-Season

KingTitan

Just now, lovetitans said:

QB is clearly the more coveted position of the two... 

I'm just saying... If they truly saw him as part of the core, they woulda secured him that extra year. 

Mariota they obviously werent sold on, and still did it.

Although I will admit, I'm wrong on the timing. They would have exercised the option after year 3, not year 4... Just like we have to decide on CD and Adoree this May. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Didn’t they have to pick up Mariota’s option the offseason before the nerve injury?

Yeah, I caught that... Clarified it. 

Still just another bullet point when thinking about FA. I like Conklin, would love if they brought him back. 

If it comes to a premier edge or Conklin, I'm taking the edge. 

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If we're going all in on this Henry stuff and we decide to let maybe the best run blocking RT in all of football still walk in free agency I might smash my head in to my monitor.

If Henry is worth going all in for, do we need the best run blocking RT in all of football?

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If Henry is worth going all in for, do we need the best run blocking RT in all of football?

We got a small glimpse at the end of 2018 that he can still be really good with Kelly instead of Conklin. Only 3 games but it’s something

29 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Starting to think only Henry and Tannehill will be back. Conklin’s contract will be insane and I highly doubt we’ll pay 4 OL especially with Conklin’s agent being Rosenhaus.

Conklin would be my first cut because we have a bandaid option in Kelly.  I don't want Kelly to be the starting RT, but I'd rather be there than having , say Sharif Finch still be our starting Edge.

Besides, even if we do just sign Kelly, we can still draft a tackle if there's a good one when we pick, but we can eschew that for a better player if one comes along.

There were 7 games where Conklin played every snap and 7 games where he missed the full game.

Henry went for 250 on 65 carries (3.8 ypc) and 2 TDs when Conklin played every snap.  He went for 544 on 127 snaps (4.3) and 5 TDs in the other 7 games.  In the 2 games he played about half the snaps (Jax and Dal), Henry went for 265 on 23 carries (5.4) and 5 TDs, most of that damage coming in the Jax game.  

This year, the only game Conklin missed significant snaps in was the Chargers game, where Henry went for 90 yards on 22 carries and a TD.  

This year, in the first 4 games without Lewan, he still put up 310 yards and 3 TDs.  Take away the miserable game against the Jags, and he averaged just under 90 yards in the other 3 games and 4.4 ypc.  That was not only with Lewan not starting, but also with Saffold struggling early on and with Douglass and early Davis at LG.... and Mariota also struggling at QB.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Henry had 2 games over 100 yards last year without Conklin. I'm not saying Conklin is responsible for that, I'm just saying don't think he was anywhere near what he was at the end of this season. 

Well of course not what he did was historic lol.

Week 10 - 17: 139/896/6.44/10

Wildcard - AGCCG: 83/446/5.37/2

2018 w/o Conk (weeks 15-17 after his head was out of his ***): 70/347/4.95/3

Even if you want to omit the game against NYG he still was very efficient with 4.78 ypc.

Also keep in mind Saffold>>>>>Kline and teams are going to have to start accounting for Tannehill's connection with our receiving threats which is something nobody was concerned about with Mariota/Gabbert back there throwing to our and rag-tag group of practice squaders.

Edited by dtait93

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

why not take a flyer on bulaga? he’s had injury issues in the past but he’s been largely healthy as of late and knowing that we have a decent backup in kelly i’d take that risk if he comes cheaper than conklin

Doubt he’ll come much cheaper if at all. I’ve mentioned numerous times Zach Banner or Matt Feiler Depending on which one resigns with Pittsburgh.