The 2020 Free Agency Rumblings Thread

WindyCity

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

He should be involved in the business and acquisition side. I do not need him lending his #conviction scouting expertise to the conversation. 

Well unfortunately for you, you don't get to make the decisions for the Bears LOL.  Pace will be involved, who are you kidding?

Just now, topwop1 said:

Well unfortunately for you, you don't get to make the decisions for the Bears LOL.  Pace will be involved, who are you kidding?

He should be on the business side.

You should hope that I get to make this decision for the Bears. Why would you want Pace anywhere near the compiling of the list?

• Like 1

Just now, WindyCity said:

He should be on the business side.

You should hope that I get to make this decision for the Bears. Why would you want Pace anywhere near the compiling of the list?

Pace is a former pro scout, so saying he should be solely on the business side is a stupid remark. I'm sorry but it is.

To think that he will not be involved in any player decisions going forward, whether QB, TE, OL, etc. is wishful thinking.  He has is hand in all player decisions that are made with this team and will continue to as long as he is GM.

And for as much as I like you're scouting and opinion at times you are not qualified to make those decisions Windy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Pace is a former pro scout, so saying he should be solely on the business side is a stupid remark. I'm sorry but it is.

To think that he will not be involved in any player decisions going forward, whether QB, TE, OL, etc. is wishful thinking.  He has is hand in all player decisions that are made with this team and will continue to as long as he is GM.

And for as much as I like you're scouting and opinion at times you are not qualified to make those decisions Windy.

For this decision he should be on the sideline and that 100% has to do with his resume.

He has been an abject failure at the QB position. It is time for Nagy to take over at that position and let Pace focus on positions that he is not terrible at.

I am not advocating all decisions, but this QB decision needs to be taken out of Pace's hands. He should handle the signing or trade of the guys that Nagy and Flip want.

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For this decision he should be on the sideline and that 100% has to do with his resume.

He has been an abject failure at the QB position. It is time for Nagy to take over at that position and let Pace focus on positions that he is not terrible at.

I am not advocating all decisions, but this QB decision needs to be taken out of Pace's hands. He should handle the signing or trade of the guys that Nagy and Flip want.

I don't disagree with that, though I thought you meant he should just focus on the business side period and no football related decisions.

I think Pace is still a good talent evaluator overall, despite his blunders at QB and TE.

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't disagree with that, though I thought you meant he should just focus on the business side period and no football related decisions.

I think Pace is still a good talent evaluator overall, despite his blunders at QB and TE.

On QB alone. Perhaps TE, his failures there have been brutal as well.

He clearly has an evaluation weakness and that needs to be taken off his plate and onto others plate.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

On QB alone. Perhaps TE, his failures there have been brutal as well.

He clearly has an evaluation weakness and that needs to be taken off his plate and onto others plate.

Well I'd like to believe that they all work collectively as a team, but Pace obviously will have the final call on all personnel and draft decisions as long as he is GM or until someone higher up from him tells him otherwise and takes away some of his decision making power.

1 minute ago, RunningVaccs said:

Pace has both whiffed and not followed his own stated goals while addressing QB, but it's not realistic to expect a team to have a GM who doesn't make picks.  If ownership was ever going to get involved like that, they'd be better off firing the guy.  

I was just talking about at QB.

I think Pace will use a collective to find another qb. I think the difference now is he trusts Nagy's opinion compared to not trusting Fox. The best leaders know their weaknesses and surround himself with people who know the things they're weak in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Contracts and cap management is on Joey Laine.  The majority of all personnel decisions will run through Pace and have his full agreement.  It's how that front office hierarchy works.  But I also think it's pretty clear that he won't be selecting any more QBs independent of the recommendations of Nagy and his guys so what you're saying is pretty much a given.

Edited by soulman

Don't know about the rest of you but it sure seems to me what Pace will or will not do (and other teams as well) hinges heavily on the upcoming vote on the new CBA which takes place on Saturday.  Until then we won't hear as much as a peep about their actual plans.

My guess is he and Joey Laine have a number of scenarios lined up that will be triggered by that vote and things will begin to roll as early as Sunday and possibly get somewhat hectic from that point forward.  We all pretty much in the loop as far as what they want to do at QB but until the Brady situation is decided it's tough to know just how the rest of the pieces well fall.  Then it's gonna be QB musical chairs.

The other major issue is then one at LB, both OLB with Floyd and ILB with Kwiatkoski, DT, and Pierre-Louis.  The answers may come as early as Sunday or not 'til later on Monday or Tuesday.  So far all of the possibilities have pretty much been debated but without some hard numbers it's nearly impossible to predict which way we're gonna go with these guys.  It's all just a waiting game now 'til at least Saturday.