Gophers World Mafia, Game Over, Reporters & Town Win

gopherwrestler

@Forge why in the world would I sit on kills if I were the SK? If you want to lynch me, have at it. I’m vanilla red. 

Just remember when I die and the game doesn’t end that I told the truth...or WIFOM...or maybe I’ll see you again tonight.

Seriously though. KSJ is either SK or Alien. He’s not 0-17 on invests and flips, that’s a statistical anomaly.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

@Forge why in the world would I sit on kills if I were the SK? If you want to lynch me, have at it. I’m vanilla red. 

Just remember when I die and the game doesn’t end that I told the truth...or WIFOM...or maybe I’ll see you again tonight.

Seriously though. KSJ is either SK or Alien. He’s not 0-17 on invests and flips, that’s a statistical anomaly.

Im saying that the sk never had his own kills. There was nothing to sit on. Sk was simply a member of the reds.   I think you were probably invest proof to everyone but ksj and had a 1x Lynch proof. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

@squire12

Honestly, I have a reason or two to doubt most people in this game at this point. THat being said, I also feel like I've spent a good chunk of this game chasing ghosts. I believe Mwil is the only logical candidate to lynch tonight. I think a 6 man redscum group w/an unlynchable godfather mechanic,  an every night cult converter & 4 man survivalist group that can swing either way is an extremely anti town set up.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say that Mwil is the SK who is simply a member of the Reds. I think he probably was invest proof to everyone but KSJ with a 1x lynch proof that would flip town first and foremost to show further deception, especially given his role title. I don't believe that there is a SK who has simply been sitting on kills. Given the known abilities and balances of other town / scum members, this makes the most amount of sense to me. 

Even if Mwil isn't alone at the current point in time, I simply don't believe that he is unlynchable until the rest of his faction is cleared out, so I think a lynch of him would be successful and then we can take it from there tomorrow if the game doesn't end. 

So if that is your theory then is Mwil lynchable now? Or can he only die via KSJ night moves? If that was the case then why hasn't KSJ been hit yet?

What would have happened if Mwil died earlier, would red just have no hits at all?

If Mwil couldn't die until the rest of the team dies, then how is it a SK dynamic and not just a standard mafia game?

What happens if KSJ manages to kill him, does he win? Does the game go on and we all win? Is KSJ some other color "other" who is merely trying to meet his wincon and we need to lynch him first?

FYI - I don't mean to be grilling you personally with these questions, I'm just kind of spewing my thoughts on the matter

It's just very bizarre to me that we would have a SK dynamic and then have the nightly results that we have had, with very minimal killing

The non-lynch deaths have been:

N2 - Slappy (purple) - unknown who killed him
N3 - Naz (purple) - killed by red with the arsonist delay mechanic
N3 - Dingo (green) - unknown who killed him
N4 - Rags (orange) - unknown who killed him
N5 - Touch (orange) - unknown who killed him
N6 - ET (orange) - unknown who killed him
N7 - Whicker (green) - unknown who killed him
N8 - Rick (orange) - unknown who killed him
N9 - Racks (green) - unknown who killed him

It really looks to me like we have a nightly red faction kill, with the arsonist being a one off

I SUPPOSE as a long shot it is possible that the red faction ONLY had the arsonist and the killer is doing all of the rest solo - but it feels unlikely considering all of the night kills have been purple/green/orange and no red kills

Im saying that the sk never had his own kills. There was nothing to sit on. Sk was simply a member of the reds.   I think you were probably invest proof to everyone but ksj and had a 1x Lynch proof. 

Have you wondered why squire is still alive? Someone/multiple people don’t want him to flip paranoid or naive cop. But something tells me you already know that.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

So if that is your theory then is Mwil lynchable now? Or can he only die via KSJ night moves? If that was the case then why hasn't KSJ been hit yet?

What would have happened if Mwil died earlier, would red just have no hits at all?

If Mwil couldn't die until the rest of the team dies, then how is it a SK dynamic and not just a standard mafia game?

What happens if KSJ manages to kill him, does he win? Does the game go on and we all win? Is KSJ some other color "other" who is merely trying to meet his wincon and we need to lynch him first?

FYI - I don't mean to be grilling you personally with these questions, I'm just kind of spewing my thoughts on the matter

It's just very bizarre to me that we would have a SK dynamic and then have the nightly results that we have had, with very minimal killing

The non-lynch deaths have been:

N2 - Slappy (purple) - unknown who killed him
N3 - Naz (purple) - killed by red with the arsonist delay mechanic
N3 - Dingo (green) - unknown who killed him
N4 - Rags (orange) - unknown who killed him
N5 - Touch (orange) - unknown who killed him
N6 - ET (orange) - unknown who killed him
N7 - Whicker (green) - unknown who killed him
N8 - Rick (orange) - unknown who killed him
N9 - Racks (green) - unknown who killed him

It really looks to me like we have a nightly red faction kill, with the arsonist being a one off

I SUPPOSE as a long shot it is possible that the red faction ONLY had the arsonist and the killer is doing all of the rest solo - but it feels unlikely considering all of the night kills have been purple/green/orange and no red kills

Pretty much spot on. All red faction kills.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I believe it is 4-2-2-1

If this is true then we are effed if we go after you/red and we are effed if we try to find the SK/other.

Even if I fully put my faith in Swag/Malf to stay civ friendly

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

@squire12

Honestly, I have a reason or two to doubt most people in this game at this point. THat being said, I also feel like I've spent a good chunk of this game chasing ghosts. I believe Mwil is the only logical candidate to lynch tonight. I think a 6 man redscum group w/an unlynchable godfather mechanic,  an every night cult converter & 4 man survivalist group that can swing either way is an extremely anti town set up.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say that Mwil is the SK who is simply a member of the Reds. I think he probably was invest proof to everyone but KSJ with a 1x lynch proof that would flip town first and foremost to show further deception, especially given his role title. I don't believe that there is a SK who has simply been sitting on kills. Given the known abilities and balances of other town / scum members, this makes the most amount of sense to me. 

Even if Mwil isn't alone at the current point in time, I simply don't believe that he is unlynchable until the rest of his faction is cleared out, so I think a lynch of him would be successful and then we can take it from there tomorrow if the game doesn't end. 

I agree.  I think the KSJ searching for a SK is a non-existent player.  Maybe it is Mwil and KSJ has not investigated him yet.   Based on his post below that looks to be the case, but he is short 1 name

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’m at work and on my phone. My moves in order. 

Dingo

Pickle

Swag

Orca

Malf

Forge

Josh

Squire

Like I posted earlier, we can lynch Mwil and then have Counselor roleblock someone.

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Yes, my theory is that he's lynchable. I think he had a 1x death proof or lynch proof. He may have had an investproof to everyone but KSJ, but thats just a working hypothesis and is fairly irrelevant. I think KSJ is just the counter balance to him, the same way you were the counter to Matts, Rack was the counter to MD4L and Pickle was the counter to Bucs/Orca. 

There is nothing special about Mwil; "serial killer" may just be his role title, similar to the way that Dome was "thief" or bucs / orca is "arsonist". People are thinking of serial killers in the traditional role...I think SK in this sense is simply his title. He's just a member of the reds. 

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't think he had hits to begin with. He's a member of the red faction, the hits being carried out are just  faction kills. They aren't dependent on him. I think his ability was lynch/death proof and maybe invest proof. 

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

That's what I'm saying - I don't think he has that godfather mechanic. I think he was 1x lynchproof. again, I think people are getting lost in the serial killer title and confusing it with a serial killer role. 

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

No, I think KSJ is probably town in the same way you were town but were the counter balance to Matts in some regard. Rack / Pickle the same. His ability was to find the SK. I don't think he has a separate wincon, I think he was just an investigator with a very specific skillset - likely the only one who can successfully investigate the SK member of the scum faction. 

11 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

You're all good. 

Yes, my theory is that he's lynchable. I think he had a 1x death proof or lynch proof. He may have had an investproof to everyone but KSJ, but thats just a working hypothesis and is fairly irrelevant. I think KSJ is just the counter balance to him, the same way you were the counter to Matts, Rack was the counter to MD4L and Pickle was the counter to Bucs/Orca. 

There is nothing special about Mwil; "serial killer" may just be his role title, similar to the way that Dome was "thief" or bucs / orca is "arsonist". People are thinking of serial killers in the traditional role...I think SK in this sense is simply his title. He's just a member of the reds. 

I don't think he had hits to begin with. He's a member of the red faction, the hits being carried out are just  faction kills. They aren't dependent on him. I think his ability was lynch/death proof and maybe invest proof. 

That's what I'm saying - I don't think he has that godfather mechanic. I think he was 1x lynchproof. again, I think people are getting lost in the serial killer title and confusing it with a serial killer role. 

No, I think KSJ is probably town in the same way you were town but were the counter balance to Matts in some regard. Rack / Pickle the same. His ability was to find the SK. I don't think he has a separate wincon, I think he was just an investigator with a very specific skillset - likely the only one who can successfully investigate the SK member of the scum faction. 

You're all good. 

Got it

So, short version:

You think KSJ is being truthful, but it isn't in the way most of us are thinking of it. SK is basically just a head piece of the scum team, but doesn't have an official function that relates to being a typical SK role.

SK is a character name/title rather than an actual role.

It's plausible