*BTC's 2020 NFL Mock Off-Season*

BleedTheClock

*Here's my crazy off-season.
*I used FanSpeak's Mock & Trade System to find players and trades.

Big Releases/Not Re-Signed:

• Drew Stanton QB  (Not a necessary re-signing.)
  • Ricky Seals-Jones TE  (Not a bad player, but we upgrade to better players.)
  • Demetrius Harris (Not a bad player, but we draft a younger and cheaper replacement. Cut in June.)
  • Chris Hubbard OT  (Just garbage. He deserves to be cut.)
  • Christian Kirksey WLB  (I wish him the absolute best. Making way too much money and can't stay healthy. I'd love it if we could re-sign him for cheaper.)
  • Adarius Taylor WLB  (He did nothing for us last year. We can sign an UDFA and make the same impact.)
  • TJ Carrie CB  (Boo. Bad player with a bad contract. He was much better last year. Doesn't fit a man coverage scheme.)
  • Damarious Randall FS  (I don't like his attitude and he's going to command way too much to justify keeping him around.)
  • Morgan Burnett SS  (Old and coming off an injury. Will be cut in June post-draft because who we select. Not a bad player, just unneeded after the draft.)

Big Re-Signings:

• Kareem Hunt RB  (Re-signed for average RB money. Great player to pair with Chubb.)
  • Greg Robinson OT  (Re-signed for backup money. Swing tackle that could be a fringe starter.)
  • Joe Schobert ILB  (Re-signed to a nice contract. Leader of the defense.)

New Free Agents:

• Jack Conklin  (A stud RT that can pass and run block on a high level.)
  • Vonn Bell FS  (Solid starting S. Good in all areas and still young with upside. Shouldn't break the bank.)
  • Danny Shelton NT  (Great rotational run stuffer. Will split reps with Larry Ogunjobi. My biggest gripe with Dorsey was getting rid of Shelton.)

Trades:

Cleveland Receives:
1. #18 Overall Pick
2. #26 Overall Pick

Miami Receives:
1. #10 Overall Pick

Cleveland Receives:
1. Late 2nd round pick
2. 4th round pick
3. 5th round pick

New Orleans Receives:
1. Early 2nd round pick

Cleveland Receives:
1. Late 3rd round pick
2. 5th round pick

Atlanta Receives:
1. Early 3rd round pick

NFL Draft:

(Condensed Version)

#18--Mekhi Becton/OT/Louisville
#26--Grant Delpit/SS/LSU
2nd--Tyler Biadasz/IOL/Wisconsin
3rd--Malik Harrison/OLB/Ohio State
3rd--Brycen Hopkins/TE/Purdue
4th--Thaddeus Moss/TE/LSU
4th--Alohi Gilman/SS/Notre Dame
5th--Joey Bachie/MLB/Michigan State
5th--Essang Bassey/CB/Wake Forest
6th--Trajan Bandy/CB/Miami Fl.
7th--Michael Pinckney/OLB/Miami Fl.

UDFA--Bryce Perkins/QB/Virginia
UDFA--Deejay Dallas/RB/Miami Fl.
UDFA--Richard Worship/FB/Purdue

#18: Mekhi Becton/OT/Louisville

Image result for mekhi becton

(Becton is a massive human being that moves very well laterally. He needs to get his weight in check, but he's an excellent fit for a ZBS despite his size. When he locks onto you, it's all over.)

#26: Grant Delpit/SS/LSU

Image result for grant delpit

(Delpit slides a little because of tackling concerns. He's a giant safety with great instincts in the run and pass game. Out of control tackler that struggles to come to balance. Will be great patrolling the back half of our defense. Hopefully his tackling improves.)

2nd: Tyler Biadasz/OG/Wisconsin

Image result for tyler biadasz

(I have him rated as the best OL in the draft. We don't really need a C, so he'll play OG for us until Tretter is gone. Biadasz has punishing power at the point of attack and is nimble in pass protection.)

3rd: Malik Harrison/OLB/Ohio State

Image result for malik harrison

(Harrison is really good. Not sure why he's getting slept on. He's got size, he can cover TE's, and is a good blitzer. He'll start at SLB if he can beat out Takitaki. Has great versatility and can play 3 LB spots.)

3rd: Brycen Hopkins/TE/Purdue

Image result for brycen hopkins

(Hopkins is a super-sized WR that will also double as our slot WR. He's got great hands and elite body control in the air. I have a feeling Baker would love Hopkins, especially in the red zone.)

4th: Thaddeus Moss/TE/LSU

Image result for thaddeus moss

(Moss sports a great frame, has excellent blocking abilities, and is capable of making some spectacular catches. We double down at TE in the draft with a combination of receiving TE in Hopkins and in-line blocking TE in Moss.)

4th: Alohi Gilman/SS/Notre Dame

Image result for alohi gilman

(A stud run stopper. Elite at filling alleys and tackling--two of our biggest weaknesses last year. Will provide depth and be a special teams superstar.)

5th: Joe Bachie/MLB/Michigan State

Image result for joe bachie

(Mean. Instinctive. Fast. Tough. All of these things make Bachie look like a future NFL starter. I love the kid and am surprised he isn't getting more buzz.)

5th: Essang Bassey/CB/Wake Forest

Image result for essang bassey

(My favorite sleeper pick. Great in tight man coverage situations. Competes for the football. A natural pest that can play NCB right away if needed.)

6th: Trajan Bandy/CB/Miami Fl.

Image result for trajan bandy

(Superb athlete. Great tackler. Solid in zone and man coverage. Not very big, but built strong. Probably profiles as a small safety or a NCB in the future. Special teams potential.)

7th: Michael Pinckney/WLB/Miami Fl.

Image result for michael pinckney

(Good overall linebacker that does a little bit of everything, but does not have one standout trait to stand on. Played a ton of football at Miami. Provides quality depth .)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UDFA: Bryce Perkins/QB/Virginia
(Elite athlete at the QB position. A project to stick behind Baker and Gilbert. Could eventually make a position switch to WR down the line if his skills never develop.)

UDFA: Deejay Dallas/RB/Miami Fl.
(Solid overall skills. Runs hard and violently, but has enough wiggle in the open field to not be classified as a plodder. Has legitimate speed and receiving skills. Flying under the radar in a great class.)

UDFA: Richie Worship/FB/Purdue
(Best FB in the draft. Built like a tank. Has long speed. I coached against this dude at Valley Forge HS and he tore us a new B-hole. He's a great option at FB.)

2020 Opening Day Roster:

QB: Baker Mayfield/Garrett Gilbert/Bryce Perkins
RB: Nick Chubb/Kareem Hunt/Deejay Dallas
FB: Richie Worship
WR: Odell Beckham/Jarvis Landry/Taywan Taylor/Damion Ratley/Derrick Willies/Khadarel Hodges
TE: David Njoku/Brycen Hopkins/Thaddeus Moss
LT: Mekhi Becton/Greg Robinson
LG: Joel Bitonio/Colby Gossett
C: JC Tretter/Eric Kush
RG: Tyler Biadasz/Wyatt Teller
RT: Jack Conklin/Drew Forbes

LE: Olivier Vernon/Chad Thomas
NT: Sheldon Richardson/Larry Ogunjobi/Danny Shelton/Daniel Ekuale
RE: Myles Garrett/Porter Gustin
WLB: Mack Wilson/Michael Pinckney
MLB: Joe Schobert/Joe Bachie/Willie Harvey
SLB: Malik Harrison/Sione Takitaki
CB: Denzel Ward/Greedy Williams/Terrence Mitchell/Essang Bassey/Trajan Bandy/Tavierre Thomas
FS: Vonn Bell/Sheldrick Redwine
SS: Grant Delpit/Alohi Gilman

K: Austin Seibert
P: Jamie Gillan
KR: Deejay Dallas/Trajan Bandy
PR: Deejay Dallas/Trajan Bandy

2021 Draft Selections:

1st (Starting LDE)
2nd (Starting Slot WR)
3rd (Depth DT)
4th (Depth QB)
5th (Depth OL)
6th (Depth DE)
7th (Depth OL)

Edited by BleedTheClock
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nice draft, @BleedTheClock. Not sure about your first rounders--both seem boom/bust--but reasonable spots to grab.

To a degree. I think Becton is more boom-or-bust than Delpit. Delpit will at least be a great leader and cover guy in the secondary.

If Bekton can play at 335, he could be the best tackle in the class.

For sure.

Delpit...just don't know who he is still. Can he be elite in coverage? He's gotta be for a first round safety.

I agree that he's got tackling issues, but it's not a want-to thing in my opinion. His motor runs hot all the time. And his coverage skills are excellent. He makes plays you would not expect a big safety like him to make. He's got range and great instincts.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Wow - this is one hell of an offseason.

Biggest steal in the draft may be Pinckney in the seventh.

One question - are you assuming that Rashard Higgins is elsewhere next year? Still think he would be productive if resigned.

Nice job

I’d love to keep him. I have a feeling he’s out though. I’d love to keep him as our WR3

• Like 1