Broken Hand Feared for Corey Coleman

Mind Character

33 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

The difference is almost all those players listed have actually accomplished things in the league. They've accumulated 100's of touches while doing so which of course is going to make them more susceptible to injuries. CC hasn't done jack. A more appropriate list for him would  be guys that suck, get hurt and are rarely heard of afterwards...

Breshad Perriman

Kevin White

Devin Smith

Cody Latimer

Louis Nix

Chance Warmack

Arthur Brown

On the list I provided...most of those players have been injured in consecutive years based on a two year sample size (that's what I queried)...and had early injuries earlier in their career...

A lot of the guys on your list came into the league with injuries and never recovered (Kevin White, Perrimen) and didnt first get injured due to a teammate related freak accident.

There are based on the small sample size of CC's games just like with players like Julian Edelman...it's hard to project...

CC has no tears but missed games b/c a teammate step on his hand...and this year he reinjures the same hand and some are reporting the same bone meaning there were structural weaknesses and anomalies with the bones healing the first time.

You could've added all the WRs in CC's class to the list (Will Fuller, Josh Doctson, Laquon Treadwell)...CC has still been more available than those guys as well

Point is we have a limited sample size of play, a freak accident, and a reinjury due to inadequate healing the first time; therefore, any conclusions about the overall fragility or injury bustness of CC is a generalization with insufficient evidence and a poor use of extrapolation..

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hasn't Coleman also missed time with hamstring issues, both last year as well as college?

It's not just the two broken bones we're factoring in here.

Sadly, this is true. But worst of all, he suffers from the maligning injury of not being...Josh Gordon. 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hasn't Coleman also missed time with hamstring issues, both last year as well as college?

It's not just the two broken bones we're factoring in here.

Yeah...I know.. CC had a groin injury (sports hernia) that he played through the final 4 games in college then had surgery on it and missed the bowl game I think.

One thing all trainers know as it relates to the WR position is that rookies that missed time at the end of their college season are at risk for soft tissue and hamstring injuries their rookie year in camp b/c their bodies are not conditioned for the rigors of nfl practices...happened to Joey Bosa as well when he sat out time due to contract issues..

once the hamstring is injured sometimes that injury lingers...for explosive receivers like corey he had a little bit of an issue in camp again this year but I don't think he had hamstring problems that made him miss time in college.

Archived