2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

lmao maybe it wasn’t Bruce running free agency after all 

I don't know why they should pay $5 million more a year for some of the other LB candidates. 

I trust DelRio & Rivera to study a lot of tape and know that there is a difference but it's not worth double or triple the price per year.

If you needed any more proof what I (and, admittedly, everyone else who follows the draft) have been saying about the quality of the WRs in this draft, look no further than teams dealing away pass-catchers for 2nd round picks like they’re hot cakes. 

There are going to be stars coming out of Day 2 of this draft. And the fact that teams are responding to that fact this early in the offseason speaks to just how true that looks to be. 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I don't know why they should pay $5 million more a year for some of the other LB candidates. 

I trust DelRio & Rivera to study a lot of tape and know that there is a difference but it's not worth double or triple the price per year.

Turtle you do this every off-season. We sign some scrubs, overpay one or two other teams back ups and then you tell me how crazy I am for not liking it. Two years later those same scrubs get cut and the team is back to square one because they have a different idea of what talent costs than the rest of the NFL. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Turtle you do this every off-season. We sign some scrubs, overpay one or two other teams back ups and then you tell me how crazy I am for not liking it. Two years later those same scrubs get cut and the team is back to square one because they have a different idea of what talent costs than the rest of the NFL. 

And you overreact to every FA we miss on every offseason as it's the end of the world.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between your overreaction and my Reaction.

I like our young LBs - Holcolmb & SDH - and Rivera has said he does too.

But hey, maybe you know more then Rivera & Del Rio.

Just now, turtle28 said:

And you overreact to every FA we miss on every offseason as it's the end of the world.

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between your overreaction and my Reaction.

I like our young LBs - Holcolmb & SDH - and Rivera has said he does too.

But hey, maybe you know more then Rivera & Del Rio.

I definitely knew more than Jay or Bruce lol. Hell, most of us do. A 3-13 team with a ton of cap space sitting on their hands in free agency when they have holes all over the roster is one of the weirdest things I’ve seen. Jon Bostic is a replacement level player at one of the most important positions on defense. If they’re bringing him back it’s not to be a backup so it’s just silly.

You can’t sit here and pay Landon Collins $90M and then turn around and claim one of the better young TEs in football is too much money at less than half of that. Just overpay Ebron, sign Kendall Fuller and Cordy Glenn and be done with it already. It’s the same thing every year.