Jump to content
LoganF89

Skins fan here with a trade question

Recommended Posts

So as it appears the skins really want Young and it seems that Miami wants to move up and take Tua so my question is would you guys do a 3 team trade?

Skins receive (Detroit’s #3 and Miami’s #18)

Miami receives ( skins #2)

Detroit receives ( Miami’s #5 and 2nd rounder)

skins would still be able to take Young. You guys would get Tua and Detroit still gets an impact player and a second rounder.

 

what are y’all a thoughts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO!!!!  Give up picks, 5, 18, and either of our 2nd round picks is too pricey.  Using the established draft trade valuation chart there shouldn’t be any need for us to give up a 2nd rounder.

pick 2 = 2600 points

pick 5 = 1700 points

difference = 900 points

pick 18 = 900 points

If the trade requires us to sweeten the pot by throwing in either of our 2nd round picks then my answer is NO!!!  That is too steep a price.

If we gave up picks 5, 18, and 39 then that would be more than enough points to move up to the number 1 overall pick, so why do it and settle for number 2?

Edited by Swampbilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Miami would only want to trade up to #3 since Young will go #2 overall.  If the Phins trade up, it's to #3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I think Miami would only want to trade up to #3 since Young will go #2 overall.  If the Phins trade up, it's to #3.

I agree, and it should take 500 points to move up from pick 5 to pick 3.  Our pick 39 is valued at 510 points.  I would do that trade and keep picks 18 and 26.  If Washington wants to trade back with another team that may want Tua then I would take my chances by sitting at pick 3 and if Tua comes off the board at pick 2 then pick 3 will be Chase Young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dolphins have to worry about  Jaguars, Raiders who could surprise & leapfrog Miami to #2 for Tua.

That's why they may not want to assume Tua is in the bag at #3.

Are the Jags happy with Foles or Minshaw as the long term solution?

Does Gruden want his own QB & not one he inherited? Not to mention the Raiders are now Las Vegas & where's the draft taking place? What would make that place roar like thunder on draft night?

Yes, that's right. The Raiders trading up to #2 for Tua. That would.

Let's also not forget about the Chargers & Carolina who both will be looking for *new* franchise QB's. Both of whom pick in the top 10.

Could Miami get Tua @#5…? Absolutely

But teams know, if they want Tua or Hebert?

They have to move ahead of Miami at #5.

And what if Detroit just wants to stay at #3 for their QB?

Stafford has been riddled with injuries & makes a ton of money. Hard to build a team around that.

Miami did themselves no favors winning meaningless games. Much like the Giants did as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way lol. If we trade up it'll be with the Lions and that's a big if. Ya'll think you can bend over the Dolphins just because they have a lot of picks? If other teams want to overpay to move to 2nd to pick Tua then go ahead.

 

We not overpaying to move up like ya'll did for RG3. No need to.

Edited by Emerica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerica said:

No way lol. If we trade up it'll be with the Lions and that's a big if. Ya'll think you can bend over the Dolphins just because they have a lot of picks? If other teams want to overpay to move to 2nd to pick Tua then go ahead.

 

We not overpaying to move up like ya'll did for RG3. No need to.

Well said!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Dolphins have to worry about  Jaguars, Raiders who could surprise & leapfrog Miami to #2 for Tua.

That's why they may not want to assume Tua is in the bag at #3.

Are the Jags happy with Foles or Minshaw as the long term solution?

Does Gruden want his own QB & not one he inherited? Not to mention the Raiders are now Las Vegas & where's the draft taking place? What would make that place roar like thunder on draft night?

Yes, that's right. The Raiders trading up to #2 for Tua. That would.

Let's also not forget about the Chargers & Carolina who both will be looking for *new* franchise QB's. Both of whom pick in the top 10.

Could Miami get Tua @#5…? Absolutely

But teams know, if they want Tua or Hebert?

They have to move ahead of Miami at #5.

And what if Detroit just wants to stay at #3 for their QB?

Stafford has been riddled with injuries & makes a ton of money. Hard to build a team around that.

Miami did themselves no favors winning meaningless games. Much like the Giants did as well.

You can “ What If “ anything.  For example; What if we stay at pick 5 and some other team that drafts after 5 decides to trade up with Washington to number 2 and that team drafts Tua??  Well in that scenario we draft Chase Young, Derrick Brown, or Jeff Okudah whichever is still available.

Lions would take a huge cap hit if they cut Stafford.  $33 mil in dead cap I believe, so QB isn’t likely for them.

Jags haven’t had Foles on the roster for long and they would be eating $15 mil to move on from him and are already in cap trouble looking at their FA contracts.  So no real threat their.

Would the Raiders move on from Carr and eat the $8 mil dead cap?  Possibly, but developing a Rookie QB would be something new for Gruden........That’s not his MO so I see the Raiders grabbing a QB from the FA market if they want a new one, besides they don’t really have the draft capitol to move up from 12 to 2.  They would have to sacrifice their 2021 and 2022 picks.

Tua’s injury history has cast some doubt on him and that has really hurt the scenario for the Skins, but being stuck at 2 for Chase Young ain’t so bad.

We have a lot of needs.  We have a young first round QB on the roster.  We might be interested in trading up for Tua, but we aren’t going to overpay like Snyder did for RG3.......  And neither is any other team in the league.

Edited by Swampbilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a question....

 

Raiders trade Derek Carr, #12 overall and 2021 1st round pick 

for 
 

Miami trades #5 overall, Josh Rosen and Charles Harris  

Keep laying the foundation In 2020 and plenty of draft capital in 2021 if you need it for Trevor Lawrence....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

Here’s a question....

 

Raiders trade Derek Carr, #12 overall and 2021 1st round pick 

for 
 

Miami trades #5 overall, Josh Rosen and Charles Harris  

Keep laying the foundation In 2020 and plenty of draft capital in 2021 if you need it for Trevor Lawrence....

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Washington will have to do something to sweeten the pot for us to move up to number 2.  I'm trying to think of something that would work for both teams, and I think I might have just the thing...… of course it would all be conditional based on the players contract negotiations and passing a physical, but here goes:

Miami trades pick 5 (1700), pick 18 (900), and pick 197 (12.6)

Redskins trade pick 2 (2600), pick 229 (1), players OG/C Ross Peirschbacher and OT Trent Brown

This would allow Miami to find a starter (stop gap) at the OT position which allows us to put off drafting an OT in round 1 for 2-3 years and it would ensure we draft the QB we desire as well as providing some depth and versatility on the OLine with a player Tua is familiar with ( Peirschbacher).

Redskins would pick up an additional first round pick (18) while still potentially drafting a top 5 talent ( presumably OT Andrew Thomas ) and moving on from a player that could become a locker room hazard to a New HC.  Additionally the swap of our 6th rounder for your 7th gives the Skins a little more draft capital.

Dolphins fans probably won't like this but I think it could work depending on Trent Brown's contract demands, besides by securing the number 2 pick we can move on from QB Josh Rosen pre-draft, which should fetch us at least a 3rd round pick and possibly a 2nd rounder...…. Once we draft Tua, Rosen's stock plummets. 

I honestly believe this makes both teams better.

Edited by Swampbilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving up to the 3rd spot puts us in the best position possible imo. I'd inquire for the 2nd pick but seeing as tho I am sure they are going to be asking for a king's ransom for that pick, if we do move up, i"d be fine moving up to 3rd and letting the cards fall where they may.

Scenario 1: We move up to 3rd pick. Redskins keep the 2nd pick. Burrow goes 1, Young goes 2, we end up with Tua at 3rd.

Scenario 2 : We move up to 3rd pick. QB needy team trades up to 2nd for Tua. Burrow goes 1, Tua goes 2 and we end up with Chase Young. Not a bad consolation prize if you ask me.

Edited by Emerica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about if we tag Dante Fowler and trade him to you guys? Not saying for a first but what sounds plausible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

What about if we tag Dante Fowler and trade him to you guys? Not saying for a first but what sounds plausible?

That would completely depend on him signing a multi year deal with Miami ( and his cap hit ).  If we are talking just a tag and trade, then NO.  We aren't looking for 1 year players, we aren't in win it all in 2020 mode, we are still rebuilding in 2020.

Additionally, even if Fowler did sign a long term contract with Miami, I wouldn't trade anything worth more than a 4th rounder, so it wouldn't be worth it to the Rams since they will essentially get a 2021 4th round comp pick for letting him walk. 

 

Edited by Swampbilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

That would completely depend on him signing a multi year deal with Miami ( and his cap hit ).  If we are talking just a tag and trade, then NO.  We aren't looking for 1 year players, we aren't in win it all in 2020 mode, we are still rebuilding in 2020.

Additionally, even if Fowler did sign a long term contract with Miami, I wouldn't trade anything worth more than a 4th rounder, so it wouldn't be worth it to the Rams since they will essentially get a 2021 4th round comp pick for letting him walk. 

 

Yeah my understanding is he’d have to sign the tender but you can still negotiate a long term deal. Frank Clark did that this past offseason. It’s really a question of getting it done early enough in the window. Also I’d wager he wants a long term deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...