Magic: the Gathering - War of the Spark Mafia -GAME OVER - The Gatewatch defeats Nicol Bolas!

Whicker

46 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Pickle I started the game with a zombie and the first VC shows an elf also. So that would mean like me Squire started the game with a creature on the battlefield

Correct.  

based upon the new creatures that were added, I am thinking that there might not be duplicate creatures and we each have a unique creature associated with our role/character.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

So I can create a new zombie or protect my current zombie. And still cast the vote regardless of which of the first two I do. 

...but what if you were in stasis? Could you create a new zombie, or elf, if you were? 

36 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I do apologize that my gf has a cyst on her ovary which is causing ovarian torsion.  I'll let her know how ridiculous that is.

Jackass.

Sorry about your girlfriend.  

36 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hah!  I knew it!

Keep fishing scum!

So in this theory, Dome made up a result to protect his scummate and you'll flip town which dooms both?

Yeah, that totally makes sense for them to do.

squire

Afternoon all.

you can continue to be wrong.  Being wrong is 1 thing, having a closed mind to options of how this is playing out is a bad look for you.

Just now, squire12 said:

Sorry, I read that wrong in a rush between patients.   I did create the elf

I thought you were blocked?

Or, does that mean you were able to create the elf but then the creature/elf you created was blocked?

Or does that mean both creatures were blocked?

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I thought you were blocked?

Or, does that mean you were able to create the elf but then the creature/elf you created was blocked?

Or does that mean both creatures were blocked?

I was able to create another elf.  The original elf that I had to start was blocked from making a move...."caught in stasis"

That is why I asked what the phrase meant.   I was perplexed as to how part of what I submitted to Whicker was successful and the other part was not.

Just now, squire12 said:

I was able to create another elf.  The original elf that I had to start was blocked from making a move...."caught in stasis"

That is why I asked what the phrase meant.   I was perplexed as to how part of what I submitted to Whicker was successful and the other part was not.

That's weird.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Whicker said:

Kingseanjohn had been through some tough times. Orphaned at a young age, the one positive from his parent's death was the eruption of his magical powers. Extremely adept at defensive magic, kingseanjohn was put through rigorous training regimes. One of them resulted in his spark and plansewalk to Ravnica.

Of course, with his luck, he traveled to a plane stuck in a brutal war. An evil dragon was laying waste to the land, and somehow he had been recruited to fight against him. He never wanted this, but, despite not understanding his new powers, knew he had to put them to good use. He found the courage to run out into that battlefield with his shield raised high.

But somehow, something had gone wrong. It was all a blur to him. He remembers trying to protect a friend; scared for his life. And then nothing. Now he was floating in a stasis field awaiting his fate.

A massive dragon filled the sky above him. He knew this was Nicol Bolas. He had never seen him face to face before. Kingseanjohn was filled with dread.

Nicol Bolas put his claw down on kingseanjohn's chest. A purple haze appeared, and kingseanjohn slumped over dead.

@kingseanjohn is dead. He was Teyo, the Shield Mage

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBvHoDY0TDlT8EwqBHyWH

You begin the game with 3 loyalty counters

(+1) Choose a creature in play. That creature will be protected from all night abilities.

(-1) Choose a player. That player will be protected from all killing actions this night.

(-4) Choose a player. As long as you are alive, that player will be protected from all killing actions.

Who's next?” Nicol Bolas asked as he arose from kingseanjohn's dead body. He glanced over at the stasis field next to him. Inside floated a large golem.

Ah yes, Master. This one was caught working on some artifacts for The Gatewatch. He was the one who stole the spark-detecting goggles from our Izzet friends.”

Bolas laughed. “You cost me quite the army with that one,” he said as he menacingly stared into MD4L's eyes. “I've got a special spell for you.” A ball of energy appeared in his hand. It was the last sight MD4L would see.

@MD4L has been exiled. He was Karn, the Great Creator

300px-Karn_the_Released.jpg?version=c3e4

You begin the game with 3 loyalty counters

(+1) Choose up to one creature in play. You may copy the ability of that creature, including all costs

(-1) Choose a creature in play. You will destroy that creature. The following night, you will create a copy of that creature except it will be an Artifact in addition to its other type

(-5) Choose a creature in play. You will learn which player created that creature.

Each of the roles already revealed have similarities in that there are  multiple options for actions.  Some have + and some have - values for cost.