XFL thoughts

AZBearsFan

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I'm enjoying the XFL, honestly. Don't have a rooting interest in any particular team or player at this point, just love football being on TV on Saturday/Sunday

That's where I am at. It's fun but I'm not even connecting them to the NFL, it's just football so I'm damn happy to have something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Being a Gators fan I've seen a few of his games... lol 

Neither was developed in college and while Jones absolutely had a cannon they both hit at about the same rate... both suck at passing.   And Tebow was still a significantly better NFL QB. Jones having a decent game or two in a semi-pro league does nothing to sway me. 

Don't think Jones has had as much collegiate experience, nor as many professional reps. That's sort of beside the point, though. Whether he'd ever be anything in the NFL, or not, Jones is a markedly better passer than Tebow. And I'm on the record as saying Tebow could be a serviceable NFL starter. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Don't think Jones has had as much collegiate experience, nor as many professional reps. That's sort of beside the point, though. Whether he'd ever be anything in the NFL, or not, Jones is a markedly better passer than Tebow. And I'm on the record as saying Tebow could be a serviceable NFL starter. 

Not just playing time but look at who coached Jones and Tebow - Urban Meyer. He is well known for QBs being exceptional within his system but being laughably behind for the NFL game. The only one to overcome that was Smith, who clearly had struggles adjusting to the NFL's speed and difficulty. (Of course that isn't all on Meyer, but it had a major part of it).

I disagree with him being markedly better,  or even being better at all. He had one lucky run and sucked something fierce when he was the true starter. He held the entire offense back. Tebow played against much better competition and produced dramatically better results. Other than a better throwing motion and stronger arm I see nothing to support that Jones was a better passer. His accuracy was atrocious, he had a hard time at throwing crossing routes and bubble screens. Lol

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Trestman blows so bad. Injuries or not that's embarrassing. Lmao. 

https://sportsmockery.com/2020/02/marc-trestman-already-reached-a-hilarious-milestone-in-xfl/

It's amazing to me that this guy still keeps getting professional football HC opportunities.

He is too awkward and impersonable to be a HC in any league..plus his offense sucks.  What am I missing? 

Edited by topwop1

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

It's amazing to me that this guy still keeps getting professional football HC opportunities.

He is too awkward and impersonable to be a HC in any league..plus his offense sucks.  What am I missing? 

He may be the first XFL coach to ever be fired in its reboot. The accolades just keep coming man. The thing is... he is the HC and the GM. So does he fire himself or just hire his replacement and stay GM?