1. 1. Who are you picking?

• Mekhi Becton
    • Andrew Thomas
    • Jedrick Wills
    • Tristan Wirfs
    • The Field (Specify)

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All of the above.

With our need and minimal investments in tackle over the last 7 years, I’m all in on locking up both starters long term this April.  The talent in this draft class makes it almost stupid not to.

It’s not sexy, but bookend tackles in one draft is an absolute home run.

I wouldn't be against drafting two OTs, but I'm guessing we'll draft one and sign another one in FA.

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I wouldn't be against drafting two OTs, but I'm guessing we'll draft one and sign another one in FA.

I guess it depends on who and at what cost.

I like Conklin, but I’m not sure we’re gonna go all in on a RT with an injury history.

I also wonder how much the coaching staff feels it can cover up the tackles with scheme, like Freddie did in ‘18 but somehow managed to forget how to do last year.

Maybe then you keep Hubbard one more year as he’s already locked in and would have little dead cap the following year and allow for a rookie to develop while starting another rookie.  Hubbard also has played multiple positions, so perhaps they’ll value the versatility?

22 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

My face if I see Chris Hubbard on our roster next year:

Image result for michael scott no gif

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping for better but quality tackles rarely hit FA and when they do they’re pricey.

I’m just saying I’d rather have Hubbard on a deal we can easily get out of as opposed to some other schmuck who’s gonna get overpaid and who we have to hold on to for 2 years before there’s an out in the deal.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hoping for better but quality tackles rarely hit FA and when they do they’re pricey.

I’m just saying I’d rather have Hubbard on a deal we can easily get out of as opposed to some other schmuck who’s gonna get overpaid and who we have to hold on to for 2 years before there’s an out in the deal.

There are a couple of dead bodies that would be an upgrade at RT. 

• Like 2

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

There are a couple of dead bodies that would be an upgrade at RT. 

The offense functioned just fine with him there the year before.

Again, I’m not saying the dude can play well, I’m just saying I don’t know if you are gonna find a better player in FA at the same or lesser cost.

And that doesn’t account for contractual flexibility and his versatility having played all across the line.

It’s easy to say “he sucks, cut him”, but when you do that you need to find someone better. Who is that dude?