Lions released snacks

flyguy1609

36 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Doesn’t shock me.  He really fell off this year.  

Agreed he sucked last year. Really sucks we re-signed him and now have a 5 mil hit in dead money. Should have just let him play it out. I guess it was hard to predict this dramatic fall off? 

1 hour ago, BZski said:

Agreed he sucked last year. Really sucks we re-signed him and now have a 5 mil hit in dead money. Should have just let him play it out. I guess it was hard to predict this dramatic fall off? 

We still cleared $6.7M in cap space, despite the dead cap.

I think anyone that has looked at the "sim challenge" could've seen this coming, as every single participant released Snacks immediately. The cap space and on-field performance just don't jive.

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

It's a little early, but if he'd better open up the wallet in FA.

The tweet omitted "average starting guard looking for big day", "starting NT that was injured and played poorly", "Nearly 30 year old CB looking to be top guy in the league". 

Slay isn't even a forgone conclusion. He still has one year on his contract + they can franchise him next year if they want. Snacks didn't work out like expected, which is unfortunate. I'd rather keep Glasgow but he's going to have a hefty price tag for slightly above average starting OG. While it was kind of annoying, the Wiggins/Dahl/Glasgow rotation seemed to be effective. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

The tweet omitted "average starting guard looking for big day", "starting NT that was injured and played poorly", "Nearly 30 year old CB looking to be top guy in the league". 

Slay isn't even a forgone conclusion. He still has one year on his contract + they can franchise him next year if they want. Snacks didn't work out like expected, which is unfortunate. I'd rather keep Glasgow but he's going to have a hefty price tag for slightly above average starting OG. While it was kind of annoying, the Wiggins/Dahl/Glasgow rotation seemed to be effective. 

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I will say on a 3 win season, that's a lot of talent to lose.  If they don't replace the talent they have with quality starters, there is going to be an issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LionArkie said:

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I will say on a 3 win season, that's a lot of talent to lose.  If they don't replace the talent they have with quality starters, there is going to be an issue.

I do expect them to open up the pocket books and bring in guys they think will help them win now and in the future. They tried to do that last year with Flowers, Coleman and James. Quinn did that with Marvin Jones in 2016. 

He does like to keep some cap money in hand but I feel that he has a plan for the leftover cap from 2019 into 2020. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

Yeah, the context is important. I don't think it would be any better for this team to significantly overpay for those guys, just to keep them around. Having them on the roster at any cost shouldn't be the endgame.

If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that Quinn (at the very least) has thoroughly contemplated and researched all of his options. There's no guarantee that it'll work out, but I don't feel that Quinn is unprepared or uninterested.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 1