The new CBA brings a huge opportunity

pf9

36 minutes ago, Hukos said:

A single tie is functionally similar to a loss though. 10-5-1 is strictly worse than 11-5, which why it's functionally a defeat. Yes, 10-5-1 is better than 10-6, but 10-6 is also worse than 11-5.

Dude you're going to lose your mind when you find out about fractions. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dome said:

Get rid of regular season OT... if you don’t win in regulation it’s a tie 

college rules for NFL ot in the playoffs 

I would rather the nfl fold altogether than to make rules that create more ties. How dare you 

Just now, Tyty said:

I would rather the nfl fold altogether than to make rules that create more ties. How dare you 

I’d prefer all games end in ties and then playoff seeding be based on anecdotal tidbits that happened throughout the year. 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I’d prefer all games end in ties and then playoff seeding be based on anecdotal tidbits that happened throughout the year. 

How about everyone ties and then everyone gets a participation trophy at the end of the year? Wouldn’t ever have to see cam newton crying like a ***** again 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

both offenses and defenses on the field at the same time, starting from their own 25.

2 balls in play

first team to score wins

I’ve brought this up once and nobody took it seriously... my proposal only had one change: You have two fields run perpendicular, intersecting at center, so your defense can either play defense or help their offense, your offense can play offense or help your defense

Y’all playing checkers, malf and I are playing drunk checkers....and the football players are playing, well, I think what I’m proposing is full contact Chinese checkers 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

You’re the reason boomers hate us 

Every generation hates every other generation. You should see the stuff millennials say about generation Z.

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Dude you're going to lose your mind when you find out about fractions. 

This is a bad faith response, but I'll bite anyway. The end result of a tie is that you do not accumulate a win. The "half-win" that a tie gives you is not enough to make up for the lost ground that you could have had if you had won instead of tying. In my example, a 10-5-1 team is a half game behind an 11-5 team, and a half game ahead of any 10-6 team. In literal terms, the half game seems to have value, but being a half game behind the 11-5 team is significantly more damaging to a team's playoff seeding/standing. This could be the difference between a 1st round bye or playing on wild card weekend (or in some cases, not making the playoffs at all if things are really tight!).

So in literal terms, a tie is worth half a win. In practical terms, the half-win is in of itself, worth nothing or at the very least, worth very little.

20 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Every generation hates every other generation. You should see the stuff millennials say about generation Z.

This is a bad faith response, but I'll bite anyway. The end result of a tie is that you do not accumulate a win. The "half-win" that a tie gives you is not enough to make up for the lost ground that you could have had if you had won instead of tying. In my example, a 10-5-1 team is a half game behind an 11-5 team, and a half game ahead of any 10-6 team. In literal terms, the half game seems to have value, but being a half game behind the 11-5 team is significantly more damaging to a team's playoff seeding/standing. This could be the difference between a 1st round bye or playing on wild card weekend (or in some cases, not making the playoffs at all if things are really tight!).

So in literal terms, a tie is worth half a win. In practical terms, the half-win is in of itself, worth nothing or at the very least, worth very little.

So what you spent this rambling paragraph saying is that, "a tie is better than a win, and worse than a loss?"