Which of these modern runningbacks are HoF worthy?

C0LTSFAN4L1F3

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Angelina Jolie has been dressing her daughter as a boy since she was a baby. Charlize Theron has been doing the same with her kid. It's not just the Kardashians. Not to derail the thread but it's Nut job central in LA.

Oh yeah.  There is a LOT that could be said, but we would probably be going into areas that Webby doesn't want to be discussed on this site.  You are 100% correct though.

Sometimes i jest, because it's gone on for so long it's practically meme at this point that Fred Taylor will never get in...

But honestly, i don't understand how you can have watched his career, and not thought he's a HoF caliber RB.  He was such an absolute beast, with a pretty reasonably long peak, tons of production...and he did everything well.  He was pretty much the epitome of a RB at the time, and still would be today.  He could do power and be mean and nasty, but he could also be shifty.  He could house it.  He could be a receiving back and do things with space.  He could pass protect.  He was for a lot of those years, a major focal point of the offense.  He was...not really far off from the modern "prototype" RB.  Like...if i could design a RB in the laboratory and materialize them into the 2020 Jaguars roster...i'd basically cheat and just copy/paste Fred Taylor tbh.

Dillon is a weird case for me, in that he kinda feels like a compiler.  He just never stood out in any way whatsoever to me...but the stats are there.  I kinda wonder if i'm missing something, but he just felt like one of those guys who had a really good career, but never really stood out to me.

Dunn is interesting because the memorable factor is high there.  Hard to forget him...but i feel like his deal is inextricably linked with Alstott.  Even if half of his career wasn't...it just kinda feels like you'd have to drag others into the HoF to induct Dunn.

Lynch is a sinch for the HoF.  He's got all the factors going for him that really matter in the Hall of Fame.  The personality, the notoriety at the right time at the peak of his career...the earthquake, the ring, the being synonymous with those championship Seahawks and their identity as a team at the time.  Just being there so he don't get fined.  He's a slam dunk HoFer imo.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 5:11 PM, Archimedes said:

Hmm, tough one. Taylor, Tiki, and Lynch would be the three best candidates for me. Dunn, Jones, Dillon aren’t worth consideration.

Taylor SHOULD be in IMO, but he was/is under appreciated.

Tiki had that BAD fumbling problem earlier in his career which really hurt him. You wonder how much people still remember that about him. 

Lynch I’d bet will get in. Rightly or wrongly he was perceived much better than any of those other guys during his career.

Saying Corey Dillon isn't worth consideration is just ridiculous. He was the best player on a horrible team nearly all of his career and defenses still couldn't stop him. If he had played outside of Cincinnati he'd be more well known.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 5:11 PM, Archimedes said:

Hmm, tough one. Taylor, Tiki, and Lynch would be the three best candidates for me. Dunn, Jones, Dillon aren’t worth consideration.

Taylor SHOULD be in IMO, but he was/is under appreciated.

Tiki had that BAD fumbling problem earlier in his career which really hurt him. You wonder how much people still remember that about him. 

Lynch I’d bet will get in. Rightly or wrongly he was perceived much better than any of those other guys during his career.

Fully agree on Fred Taylor, hell of a after contact runner and had speed to go the distance I'll never forget the 90 yard run he had against Miami in the 99 playoffs