Combine day two: RBs and OL

bucsfan333

Taylor has some of the best hands among these RBs. The notion he can't catch because he didn't do it at Wisconsin is lazy and completely false.

Swift has good hands too. He dropped one. But he catches so softly.

Akers looks natural. A lot of these guys have to watch the ball all the way into their hands. And you can hear the smack of their hands on the ball. Not with him.

Edwards-Helaire catches just as well. But we've all seen it a bunch.

McFarland had a few nice grabs too. And his ability to catch, secure, and change direction is crazy. He snatches the ball out of the air. And he loses zero speed. He had a few catches tonight that looked like generic Madden animations.

Perine can catch it. But he's probably the least impressive of everyone in this post. Which isn't a knock. He can do it.

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Zach Moss official forty was 4.64. Much better than the 4.7 unofficial...

These official /  unofficial 40s are bs to me

How does Jonathan taymor run a 4.39 when you clearly see saquon ahead of him in the simulcam running 4.40

Same thing last year when montez sweat had a better time than OBJ

Bs

9 hours ago, indifference said:

akers swifty dobbins or taylor im 100% fine with IF the OL/QB situation is set up first.

brady + willis + taylor type additions are dreamy

Honestly any combo of new QB - OL - RB looks dreamy to me

Wirfs > Willis imo 

Absolutely would love Taylor r2 though 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, indifference said:

wirfs going top 10. willis may not make it 14 we’ll see

I think Becton and Wirfs are both top 10. Thomas too probably. All have good tape and great athleticism - Becton and Wirfs elite. That's usually a recipe for success.

Wills dominated the drills and put up great athletic numbers too.

I think they're the top four and they solidified it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indifference said:

wirfs going top 10. willis may not make it 14 we’ll see

I think Wirfs is 1st OT off the board. Benton will be next inside top 10. I've heard some rumors that Willis has teams concerned about his mental prowess. Think he may be better suited as an OG in a complex system...

I think Andrew Thomas could make it to us. I'd scoop him up...

• Like 2

We need to get one of the top 4 OTs at pick 14. I’d maybe even consider a trade up if need be. They would be a RT for us next year but could see some potential to take over for D Smith after next year. Gotta protect whoever the QB is and almost as importantly, get a run game.

Taylor’s fumbling problem concerns me, but adding a pass catching back that can run between the tackles in the 2nd sounds great, especially if all of our defensive free agents get resigned.

• Like 2

If the 4 OT go before 14, I wonder how many other tackles go rd 1?  Probably Jones.  Hypothetically, the Bucs would still have a shot at Niang, Jackson, and Prince.

If Arians is serious about getting a 3 down RB, he probably can t wait past rd 2.  The most complete RBs are Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and Akers.  IMO. once you get past those 3, the options are rotational RBs.  Sure, someone will be a surprise later in the draft.

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If Arians is serious about getting a 3 down RB, he probably can t wait past rd 2.  The most complete RBs are Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and Akers.  IMO. once you get past those 3, the options are rotational RBs.  Sure, someone will be a surprise later in the draft.

Gibson could be a third round guy. He can do it all.

• Like 1