Sign in to follow this  
skaterbirdhouse

Ngakoue will not sign new deal

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I have no reason to doubt Dave does what I said personally.

Unless you're getting a premium pick what good does trading him do? Let him sit or let him play on the tag, imo. I'd rather let him be upset and sit then trade him for a 3rd. He's 25 and top 5 in pressures since 2016.

So far, Dave hasn't shown he will be desperate in trades if he doesn't get what he's looking for. Considering how we value Yan, I suspect that will carry into trade talks.

I really hope so.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I really hope so.

Ramsey? 2 1's and a 4 while faking injury/pleading to the media in-season.

Foles? A 4 for a QB that has been injury prone and who most thought we'd have to attach a pick or get minimal return. Was echoed through the media we'd need a return where we value him at his contract price to move him and I'd say that was done.

Dave reportedly offered Yan more $ than any other team will, so far. He isn't going easily.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ramsey? 2 1's and a 4 while faking injury/pleading to the media in-season.

Foles? A 4 for a QB that has been injury prone and who most thought we'd have to attach a pick or get minimal return. Was echoed through the media we'd need a return where we value him at his contract price to move him and I'd say that was done.

Dave reportedly offered Yan more $ than any other team will, so far. He isn't going easily.

I really just want to live in a world where Yan comes around to the idea of being a Jaguar for life.  Because that would be nice.

Just now, Tugboat said:

I really just want to live in a world where Yan comes around to the idea of being a Jaguar for life.  Because that would be nice.

Think that's what we all want. Best edge rusher we've had in a long time (if ever, although I think Allen ends up being better).

But man I don't see it. He just continues going in spirals on social media saying this chapter is over, etc.

The thought of Yan/Allen for the next 5-6 years would be so damn fun to watch though.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think that's what we all want. Best edge rusher we've had in a long time (if ever, although I think Allen ends up being better).

But man I don't see it. He just continues going in spirals on social media saying this chapter is over, etc.

The thought of Yan/Allen for the next 5-6 years would be so damn fun to watch though.

Why can't we have nice things?  :(

I legitimately put Yan in my estimation of the "Jaguars All Time Team" thread on the general board.  He's actually that good.  It's just so annoying to lose a player like that over something so stupid.  Unless he just actually hates playing for this organization and can't ever get past the garbage they've thrown at him.  It just makes it hard to be a fan of the team...when great players don't want to be a part of it anymore.

In some ways, i even understand that too.  Like Fred Taylor isn't in the HoF because Jacksonville.  He's not the only one.

15 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Why can't we have nice things?  :(

I legitimately put Yan in my estimation of the "Jaguars All Time Team" thread on the general board.  He's actually that good.  It's just so annoying to lose a player like that over something so stupid.  Unless he just actually hates playing for this organization and can't ever get past the garbage they've thrown at him.  It just makes it hard to be a fan of the team...when great players don't want to be a part of it anymore.

In some ways, i even understand that too.  Like Fred Taylor isn't in the HoF because Jacksonville.  He's not the only one.

I think times are changing with the media though as far as small markets go with social media and how easily accessible seeing all teams/players.

Unfortunately for Fred he was too early, but if we had Fred in this era he'd be a HOF'er imo.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think times are changing with the media though as far as small markets go with social media and how easily accessible seeing all teams/players.

Unfortunately for Fred he was too early, but if we had Fred in this era he'd be a HOF'er imo.

I mean...they're changing 1 game at a time, as the Jaguars gradually migrate to becoming the first full time European team.