Ngakoue will not sign new deal

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

Like the Jalen deal, the Rams offer was probably as good of an offer as they would have gotten. But if Jalen wasn’t needling and basically refusing to play for the team, the front office probably holds out on it to see if they can fix things or to see if another team swoops in to make a better deal in a few weeks. 

I still cant believe we got what we got for Jalen

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk between Bell, Jalen and Trent Williams there have been very recent instances of guys just not showing up

Bell has the rb shelf life argument.  

Jalen was a top 5 pick so had some money.

Trent has been paid pretty well his entire career and had a decent injury not to mention the redskins were a hotmess in the owner/front office and he wanted a new training staff and team docs cuz of all the misdiagnosis going.

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk between Bell, Jalen and Trent Williams there have been very recent instances of guys just not showing up

The thing is...guys holding out tend to have had a lot of top money years in the bank.  Yan has a few years of making 3rd round money.  Can he actually afford to sit out a prime year of his career just because he hates this organization so much?

And frankly...if he can, **** this organization.  Why does every good player want out of here ASAP?  That's what needs to be examined more than the details and nuance of things.

Edited by Tugboat

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The thing is...guys holding out tend to have had a lot of top money years in the bank.  Yan has a few years of making 3rd round money.  Can he actually afford to sit out a prime year of his career just because he hates this organization so much?

And frankly...if he can, **** this organization.  Why does every good player want out of here ASAP?  That's what needs to be examined more than the details and nuance of things.

I think we’d all like an explanation. Its bad enough when your team cant draft well so you dont want to resign your busts but when you hit, offer them big and market value contracts and they walk there is a huge problem and its not all about guys just want to be on a winner either

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Bell has the rb shelf life argument.  

Jalen was a top 5 pick so had some money.

Trent has been paid pretty well his entire career and had a decent injury not to mention the redskins were a hotmess in the owner/front office and he wanted a new training staff and team docs cuz of all the misdiagnosis going.

Yannicks argument is basically the Williams one without the medical stuff. Our team let him get handled poorly and now cant believe he doesnt wanna stay. Shocking!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You can’t really put money thing into the equation as far as holding out. In this day in age if you have a talented enough player their agent will pick up the tab on a lot of things to keep star players comfortable in those times. Roc Nation is not strapped for money if he choose to sit he’d be taken care of they’d just get it back on the end of his next deal. 

The problem with the Jags is all the star players watched mediocre players get paid and stall out. But when it was time for the players who had done majority of the heavy lifting when it was time for them to get theirs it wasn’t any scratch left. That’s an issue the front office created. It maybe in the Jags best interest to take the 2 second rounders for Yann even if it is 2 late second rounders. As deep as this draft is and the way the league is moving.. the turn over rate I believe in the next few years will be higher meaning more players will start retiring younger. I think this may be the wave younger teams are going to start winning championships.. I firmly believe you have to start building the foundation with this draft by the time this group hits its 3rd yr they need to at minimum pushing to be contenders to go deep in the playoffs. This will be a draft where you can find a pro bowl caliber DT.. in the caliber of Malik.. but will the Jags find  him?  2 second rounders gives you 5 of the top 73 players in the draft. If you can’t strike gold with that you need to give up on life. 

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I just cant believe thats the best offer out there

Personally I wouldn’t mind the Jags stalling out and awaiting a 2021 first rounder and later round pick.. 🤷‍♂️ But most are under the assumption that this is Caldwell’s last hurrah 😏. If that truly is the case Caldwell will be forced to make decision this yr. Thats what comes with bringing back old regimes.. 🤔 If you had cleaned house I firmly believe you could have retained Yann.. Coughlin was the cancer they thought if they removed him from the situation it would cure the aliment it didn’t. 

Edited by DuvalsKing
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Personally I wouldn’t mind the Jags stalling out and awaiting a 2021 first rounder and later round pick.. 🤷‍♂️ But most are under the assumption that this is Caldwell’s last hurrah 😏. If that truly is the case Caldwell will be forced to make decision this yr. Thats what comes with bringing back old regimes.. 🤔 If you had cleaned house I firmly believe you could have retained Yann.. Coughlin was the cancer they thought if they removed him from the situation it would cure the aliment it didn’t. 

This decision on Yan is up to Shad, not Dave. Just like what happened with Ramsey.

1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Yeah.  It really feels like they went in and did a half-assed job of cutting out the cancer.  If i were in Yan's shoes, i don't know how i'd be expected to just be "okay with it" when most of the people there was an issue with...are still in charge, and with even more power and influence again now.

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

You can’t really put money thing into the equation as far as holding out. In this day in age if you have a talented enough player their agent will pick up the tab on a lot of things to keep star players comfortable in those times. Roc Nation is not strapped for money if he choose to sit he’d be taken care of they’d just get it back on the end of his next deal. 

Yeah.  Good point.  Unfortunately, there's probably a lot of truth to that.  They know Yan is going to get paid big $$$ at some point.  I do wonder how things are going with all these leagues shut down right now, and how that might effect their liquidity.  But i'm sure there's more than enough money behind it to keep things easily afloat for a guy like Yan, whenever we do get back to sportsball playing.

35 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Good point.  Unfortunately, there's probably a lot of truth to that.  They know Yan is going to get paid big $$$ at some point.  I do wonder how things are going with all these leagues shut down right now, and how that might effect their liquidity.  But i'm sure there's more than enough money behind it to keep things easily afloat for a guy like Yan, whenever we do get back to sportsball playing.

Which brings up another issue what happens if there are no games being able to be played league wide? How will the league handle the up coming year? You could potentially have two drafted classes before the next league yr is even played out it’s a wild time.

Edited by DuvalsKing