Ngakoue will not sign new deal

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That PFT article makes a lot of sense for why he would have done this all just a couple days before the draft. If the team wasn't legitimately looking for a trade, it makes sense for him to call out Khan and make an *** of himself to try to change their tune.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

That PFT article makes a lot of sense for why he would have done this all just a couple days before the draft. If the team wasn't legitimately looking for a trade, it makes sense for him to call out Khan and make an *** of himself to try to change their tune.

Do you think it has any impact at all on potential employers wanting to give up capital AND pay him what he wants though?

I just feel like it does.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Do you think it has any impact at all on potential employers wanting to give up capital AND pay him what he wants though?

I just feel like it does.

That's probably part of it. But if the Jags are just listening to offers and not countering, that could explain some things as well.

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

That's probably part of it. But if the Jags are just listening to offers and not countering, that could explain some things as well.

Very true.

Will be an interesting next few days for sure. I don't think this makes it anymore likely he'll be on the team unless other teams back off/don't think the juice is worth the squeeze on Yan here. Ramsey was a top 3-5 corner. AB was arguably the best WR in the game. Yan is a very good pass rusher, but he doesn't have that status like other high profile guys who talked their way out had.

Not sure if a team will want to trade compensation and pay a guy who's acting like this, especially going on the media and going after a part owner of a team. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Might as well keep him 

🤷‍♂️ It sucks for Yann but you probably have to just sit on the contract and let him walk Scott free after the season.. or take the mid rounder. The problem is at the end of the day your return isn’t going to meet Yanns production. Jags painted themselves in this corner they deserve every bit of what they are getting. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

12 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yoooooo lmao

Lmao

No, it's just Coughlin that's the problem here, totally.  This is clearly a very healthy organization now that we've got rid of that guy.  All the problems are now gone.

Guys really pouring the love out for silver spoon brat starting an idiotic twitter spat with the player they're trying to deal with.

Yan's obviously got both feet out the door in the first place, but Tony is such a ****head.  Can we let him play fantasy GM somewhere else please?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thats a pretty big gap isnt it? I mean Clowney went for nothing 

Clowney went for a 3rd and 2 role players and im pretty sure caldwell could do better then bill O'Brien. I mean caldwell got a team to trade a 4th for foles

Edited by LinderFournette

5 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Clowney went for a 3rd and 2 role players and im pretty sure caldwell could do better then bill O'Brien. I mean caldwell got a team to trade a 4th for foles

Literally insane that we're even talking about that sort of pathetic return for a top tier pass rusher right in his prime.

It's crazy how hard the Jaguars media are working to sort of "soften" the blow of a disappointing return.  As though they know there's a soft market for Yan and are trying to lube the masses up for the unpleasant trade to come.  Lowering expectations.

Even with giving away leverage by making it abundantly and publicly clear that he IS being dealt...how can this sort of thing even be part of the conversation on a guy who has been comfortably a Top-30 Edge rusher (arguably Top-20 imo) every single year he's been in the league, and is still in the prime of his career age-wise?