Ngakoue will not sign new deal

4 hours ago, pwny said:

Imagine thinking a dude who is top 3 in pressures since he came into the league, and #1 in creating turnovers, is being propped up by other players. 

If this was after our playoff run then maybe bc that defense was stacked but last year we had nobody. I love CC but he took a step back and the DTs were swiss cheese. Cant imagine he’s propped up by a rookie(even though Allen is awesome) when Yans been doing it for longer too

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I think Walter and Charlie are just trying to get site clicks and get ad $$$. Walter loves his ad $$. Charlie is not a reliable source. 

PFT and Caplan have both picked it up. Not that I like Florio but...

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They picked it up because Campbell started it.

Not Caplan, he said he's heard talks started between them a few days ago. Doesn't have the draft compensation being discussed but he agreed that they were in tslks.

Still, not every person that says something gets picked up by the major outlets. BR just did too.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Smh if true.

Don't act like your desperate to get out if your going to ask for more than you're worth.

To this point it seems Yann has painted hisself into a corner.. because he essentially burned the bridge back to the Jags it’s not really burned but in the sense of pride on Yann’s part it’s burned here is why. Yann assumes since he saw all the DEs getting paid his market for him outside the building would be 19 mill. The league doesn’t want to pay him 19 mill he prematurely opened his mouth.. now the agent realizes Yann honestly the Jags are the best deal.. but in Yann’s mind he’s envisioned playing else where. Now that he sees that the Jags were the best deal finically he doesn’t want to look like a jackass by going back and signing the deal.. now it’s not about the 19 it’s just about getting out of Jax. Yann has screwed up his money only way back to a viable lucrative long term  contract was the contract he had in Jax.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

To this point it seems Yann has painted hisself into a corner.. because he essentially burned the bridge back to the Jags it’s not really burned but in the sense of pride on Yann’s part it’s burned here is why. Yann assumes since he saw all the DEs getting paid his market for him outside the building would be 19 mill. The league doesn’t want to pay him 19 mill he prematurely opened his mouth.. now the agent realizes Yann honestly the Jags are the best deal.. but in Yann’s mind he’s envisioned playing else where. Now that he sees that the Jags were the best deal finically he doesn’t want to look like a jackass by going back and signing the deal.. now it’s not about the 19 it’s just about getting out of Jax. Yann has screwed up his money only way back to a viable lucrative long term  contract was the contract he had in Jax.

Hit it on the head.

Seems like we'll pay him the most. He says to trade him, yet won't agree to any of the offers because they don't hit what he wants $$ wise.

What the hell does he expect?

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This whole Tony thing, is the really scary part of everything around this team right now.  The guy doesn't have any qualifications to be doing anything other than plugging along on some analytics advice.  Yet it's feeling more and more like he's quietly filled the power vacuum of Coughlin getting tossed to the curb.  Like...it really doesn't make sense from the outside, for Tony to be the target of this little spat...unless Yan knows something we don't - which seems likely.  Either that, or at best...he just knows that Tony would be the easiest to bait into embarrassing himself on the internet.  Either way...not good to have the owner's kid running around playing GM...or yelling at players publicly on twitter.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Smh if true.

Don't act like your desperate to get out if your going to ask for more than you're worth.

I'm not sure i take it quite that same way.  I think the salary really is the biggest stumbling block when it comes to a team like the Raiders.  They're the guys who didn't want to pay Mack.  Yan isn't going to be getting that kind of deal...but it's going to be substantial.  I wouldn't be surprised if their "tire kicking" wasn't mostly just to get in contact to find out what sort of contract demands were there after a trade, and whether they'd be able to lowball him once he's out of Jacksonville.

That point, i don't think is really clear.  Is Yan just asking for crazy numbers to play for this clown show organization?  Or is he after unreasonable numbers, no matter where he plays?

9 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

This whole Tony thing, is the really scary part of everything around this team right now.  The guy doesn't have any qualifications to be doing anything other than plugging along on some analytics advice.  Yet it's feeling more and more like he's quietly filled the power vacuum of Coughlin getting tossed to the curb.  Like...it really doesn't make sense from the outside, for Tony to be the target of this little spat...unless Yan knows something we don't - which seems likely.  Either that, or at best...he just knows that Tony would be the easiest to bait into embarrassing himself on the internet.  Either way...not good to have the owner's kid running around playing GM...or yelling at players publicly on twitter.

I'm not sure i take it quite that same way.  I think the salary really is the biggest stumbling block when it comes to a team like the Raiders.  They're the guys who didn't want to pay Mack.  Yan isn't going to be getting that kind of deal...but it's going to be substantial.  I wouldn't be surprised if their "tire kicking" wasn't mostly just to get in contact to find out what sort of contract demands were there after a trade, and whether they'd be able to lowball him once he's out of Jacksonville.

That point, i don't think is really clear.  Is Yan just asking for crazy numbers to play for this clown show organization?  Or is he after unreasonable numbers, no matter where he plays?

Word has it Yan still wants that $20M range. Yet Clowney is reportedly at $13M on the FA market. It's going to be an issue.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Like...it really doesn't make sense from the outside, for Tony to be the target of this little spat...unless Yan knows something we don't - which seems likely.  Either that, or at best...he just knows that Tony would be the easiest to bait into embarrassing himself on the internet.  Either way...not good to have the owner's kid running around playing GM...or yelling at players publicly on twitter.

I think it's all simpler than that. Yan wanted to make some noise. Tony Khan is literally the only one that he could @ and put focus on the team in a capacity that would be meaningful. Dave Caldwell isn't on twitter publicly, nor is anyone else. Sending an @ to the official team account just gets the message to an intern. Sending it to Tony Khan is literally the only way that he could say something publicly online directed at the front office and be taken for what it is, instead of a "why doesn't he just talk to the team instead of tweeting into the air"? This way, he does both. Which is the point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think it's all simpler than that. Yan wanted to make some noise. Tony Khan is literally the only one that he could @ and put focus on the team in a capacity that would be meaningful. Dave Caldwell isn't on twitter publicly, nor is anyone else. Sending an @ to the official team account just gets the message to an intern. Sending it to Tony Khan is literally the only way that he could say something publicly online directed at the front office and be taken for what it is, instead of a "why doesn't he just talk to the team instead of tweeting into the air"? This way, he does both. Which is the point.

Agreed.