Ngakoue will not sign new deal

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if Tony was completely innocent in that though 

He shouldn't have said anything back. Still an absolutely awful look as a player to do something like that on social media/outside of behind closed doors, especially when you're trying to get a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did that officially happen? Also does that mean we retain control of him for another year so we can try and trade him again next draft day?

It's going to happen.  There's too much momentum behind it with the players association to not be a thing.  Seems like the holdup is really just in figuring how they're going to handle things like guarantees and bonuses.  Which, presumably would also encompass the "years accrued" thing that relevant to Yan.

So you can see it coming from a mile away.  It's going to be a season where Yan "opts out", but still accrues his year, and walks as a free agent.  Because Jaguars.  Woooooooooooooo.

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's going to happen.  There's too much momentum behind it with the players association to not be a thing.  Seems like the holdup is really just in figuring how they're going to handle things like guarantees and bonuses.  Which, presumably would also encompass the "years accrued" thing that relevant to Yan.

So you can see it coming from a mile away.  It's going to be a season where Yan "opts out", but still accrues his year, and walks as a free agent.  Because Jaguars.  Woooooooooooooo.

Sounds about right. I didn’t realize he signed the franchise tag before the deadline 

22 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You can tag a player in back to back years. And also where are you seeing if you opt out your contract tolls a year? I haven't seen that. I thought I read it wouldn't.

Either way, I don't care much at this point. He's gone. I've moved on. 

www.si.com/.amp-jaguars/nfl/jaguars/news/over-the-cap-projects-what-jaguars-salary-cap-could-look-in-2021

"The NFL is asking players to accept a minimum $175 million salary cap for the 2021 season, raised from $165 million. Salary caps will remain the same for 2020. According to OverTheCap.com if it's assumed the Jags can carry over cap space, they will have $63,695,889 next season, not including unsigned rookies. That would be fourth-most in the league. "

The Eagles are completely screwed ;)

Edited by LinderFournette
Correcting and validating our cap

12 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So basically you’re saying Josh Allen is gone in 3-4 years?

No.   Allen if he stays on the current projection should be worth it.   Allen will start seeing more double teams and we need to see how he plays vs that.  

2 reasons why i wouldn't give yan 20+

1) he is a liability vs the run.

2) he doesn't have the draft pedigree to warrent it vs a top 5 pick. 

37 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

No.   Allen if he stays on the current projection should be worth it.   Allen will start seeing more double teams and we need to see how he plays vs that.  

2 reasons why i wouldn't give yan 20+

1) he is a liability vs the run.

2) he doesn't have the draft pedigree to warrent it vs a top 5 pick. 

1. He's a game changer

2. Who the hell cares about pedigree? When you do it for multiple years and prove yourself it doesnt matter where you were taken. What have you done for me lately?