Ngakoue will not sign new deal

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The Raiders were rumored to be in touch about a Yannick trade months ago but that obviously never went anywhere. We would have to clear a good chunk of cap space to make it work but there are some vets we can cut for little to no dead money. Like a Gabe Jackson or Lamarcus Joyner.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Send us Hurst with that pick.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Send us Hurst with that pick.

Done.

Hurst has shown flashes but hasn't put it all together honestly. However we did cut PJ Hall so our DT room is thinner than it should be (literally and figuratively). I think this is a probable breakout year for him so I can see why the Jags would want him.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like the Jets are frontrunners. 

He's also talking as if he has no idea if it'll happen when an hour ago he said it was "close".

Going to go ahead and assume he jumped the gun/this isn't happening.

Jaguars relationship with Yan since the agent change sounds like it's improved. Figured after what Dave said last week this was the case, but good to hear.

Still not holding my breath on him being in a Jags uni this year, even less so for an extension, but still better than the alternative.

20 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's on a tag, can't he extended until after this year, and is unhappy here.

What are we supposed to do?

Unfortunate it got to this point as I'd rather keep him but...

Unfortunately y’all lost a lot of leverage. I’ve always felt his trade value was in the late 1st or early 2nd range. So, if the trade is for the Jets 2nd Or a 2nd/3rd or the Sea 1st, I think y’all shouldn’t be too upset (just my thought of course). It’ll give you more ammo to move up the draft if for some reason you’re not in position to draft a QB.

The lowered cap next year also hurts because it means there are less teams willing to commit financially.

Edited by SDotNova

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Unfortunately y’all lost a lot of leverage. I’ve always felt his trade value was in the late 1st or early 2nd range. So, if the trade is for the Jets 2nd Or a 2nd/3rd or the Sea 1st, I think y’all shouldn’t be too upset (just my thought of course). It’ll give you more ammo to move up the draft if for some reason you’re not in position to draft a QB.

The lowered cap next year also hurts because it means there are less teams willing to commit financially.

Based on some media i follow on Twitter jets aren't in it

5 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Pelisero said today he'd be shocked if he's dealt for just a 2, so it'll prob take another solid mid round pick/player or a 1 to get it done.

As far as the Jets, they aren't involved at all from the sound of it. Think Lombardi got it wrong.

• Like 1