Ngakoue will not sign new deal

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Thats not going to happen. A team is going to need to pay $22-23M for Yan upon conclusion of the deal. Most teams interested aren't in the market for a vet QB.

Worst case we keep his cap on the books (trade wouldn't change that much).

Get pick(s) for Yan if a deal can't be reached.

I hear the bucs could use a qb and could need a pass rusher.  I mean the Colts can use someone to push Brissett and they need an edge.  Thats just 2 teams off the top of the head.  

52 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I hear the bucs could use a qb and could need a pass rusher.  I mean the Colts can use someone to push Brissett and they need an edge.  Thats just 2 teams off the top of the head.  

Not the point.

Can get more for Yan value wise by him being traded by himself. Foles cap hit is largely on us regardless, trading him just gets him off the roster and gets rid of the QB BS.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Not the point.

Can get more for Yan value wise by him being traded by himself. Foles cap hit is largely on us regardless, trading him just gets him off the roster and gets rid of the QB BS.

The most I see the Jags getting for Yan is similar to what Hou got in return for Clowney. That’s basically because the Jags are going to be held to the fire because they have no leverage.. they have to take the best available pick and knowing if he doesn’t sign the tender.. they are really going to be pushed in the corner because teams would be like why give up so much if he’ll be clear and free next FA period anyways. The most I see them acquiring is a 2nd rounder and even that is pushing it.

14 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

The most I see the Jags getting for Yan is similar to what Hou got in return for Clowney. That’s basically because the Jags are going to be held to the fire because they have no leverage.. they have to take the best available pick and knowing if he doesn’t sign the tender.. they are really going to be pushed in the corner because teams would be like why give up so much if he’ll be clear and free next FA period anyways. The most I see them acquiring is a 2nd rounder and even that is pushing it.

They do have leverage though. They have him on the tag whether he comes or not, and several teams are desperate for pass rush help. The team can also allow Yan to talk contracts with interested teams so a team has confirmation of a long term deal.

14 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They do have leverage though. They have him on the tag whether he comes or not, and several teams are desperate for pass rush help. The team can also allow Yan to talk contracts with interested teams so a team has confirmation of a long term deal.

10 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

That's fine, it doesn't need to be a first.

I've heard they'd take a 2nd and 3rd. Even a 2nd and 4th id probably be fine with.

Vito isn't saying we have no leverage/we won't get value. It obviously hurts the relationship is not good in talks.

19 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I am not a diehard Jags fan but do follow them as I have lived in the city, unfortunately the leverage isn't in the teams favor. I do think they will get some decent compensation out of it but not what Clarke received last year with KC. It is looking more like Dee Ford type trade maybe a bit more. Yan has put the team on blast so every single media outlet and organization is all over this. He can try to pull out the Clowney routine and hold out which the Jags can not risk. If you guys had a new regime in GM and Hc then yea I would think playing hard ball with him would be the leverage in the organization's hands but we all know Caldwell and Marrone are on borrowed time, so they need to win now. Keeping 18-19 mil on hold in hopes yan will turn around and play week 1 is a huge reach, and you cant wait until after July 15th or the price of lets say a 2nd rd pick will then drop to a 3rd rd with a swap of later pick your giving up in 2021 draft. So the ideal time is to strike up a deal now with plenty of time before free agency starts. The trouble is which teams are going to be willing to offer him 22+ mil a year on top of trading high assets with the organization accepting and yan being happy? you think he is going to go to a team like Miami which is a dumpster fire, its in a situation worse then the jags right now. Dont want to trade in division so Colts are likely out of it, Tampa already has their pass rusher who they will likely tag in Shaq, the bills need a pass rusher which I am hoping they look at him but honestly the GM values the draft more so then FA so I think it wont happen as much as I want it to, cowboys can look at him but they have to pay cooper, dak, and byron plus they already have the highest paid de right now in lawrence so I doubt paying yan would be beneficial. Those are the top 5 teams with the most cap room, then it goes to teams with far less cap room and thats where it gets tricky, to find a team who already has an established qb and is a couple pieces away from being a contender like KC was last year to risk giving up a pick to get him. I hope it works out for both sides but this is a bad sign for Jags. Only way to prevent this stuff from happening in the future is a culture change in the coaching staff and front office where it is inexcusable for star players to feel mistreated and want to move on.

Side note if bills could trade a 2nd this year and either 2nd in 2021 or a young guy like Levi Wallace who is an ERFA and a solid corner would be a nice move if possible but I am sure jags fans want more for him which is expected but could be unrealistic at this point. 

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

I am not a diehard Jags fan but do follow them as I have lived in the city, unfortunately the leverage isn't in the teams favor. I do think they will get some decent compensation out of it but not what Clarke received last year with KC. It is looking more like Dee Ford type trade maybe a bit more. Yan has put the team on blast so every single media outlet and organization is all over this. He can try to pull out the Clowney routine and hold out which the Jags can not risk. If you guys had a new regime in GM and Hc then yea I would think playing hard ball with him would be the leverage in the organization's hands but we all know Caldwell and Marrone are on borrowed time, so they need to win now. Keeping 18-19 mil on hold in hopes yan will turn around and play week 1 is a huge reach, and you cant wait until after July 15th or the price of lets say a 2nd rd pick will then drop to a 3rd rd with a swap of later pick your giving up in 2021 draft. So the ideal time is to strike up a deal now with plenty of time before free agency starts. The trouble is which teams are going to be willing to offer him 22+ mil a year on top of trading high assets with the organization accepting and yan being happy? you think he is going to go to a team like Miami which is a dumpster fire, its in a situation worse then the jags right now. Dont want to trade in division so Colts are likely out of it, Tampa already has their pass rusher who they will likely tag in Shaq, the bills need a pass rusher which I am hoping they look at him but honestly the GM values the draft more so then FA so I think it wont happen as much as I want it to, cowboys can look at him but they have to pay cooper, dak, and byron plus they already have the highest paid de right now in lawrence so I doubt paying yan would be beneficial. Those are the top 5 teams with the most cap room, then it goes to teams with far less cap room and thats where it gets tricky, to find a team who already has an established qb and is a couple pieces away from being a contender like KC was last year to risk giving up a pick to get him. I hope it works out for both sides but this is a bad sign for Jags. Only way to prevent this stuff from happening in the future is a culture change in the coaching staff and front office where it is inexcusable for star players to feel mistreated and want to move on.

Side note if bills could trade a 2nd this year and either 2nd in 2021 or a young guy like Levi Wallace who is an ERFA and a solid corner would be a nice move if possible but I am sure jags fans want more for him which is expected but could be unrealistic at this point. 

As I've said, they're looking for a 2 & 3 apparently. I don't see them having any issue getting that.

It's not an ideal situation for a trade with the bad blood of course, but pass rushers are gold and a lot of teams need one. Yan has outperformed Clowney and Shaq isn't leaving TB. The rest of the rushers aren't on Yan's level, and if someone wants a rusher they're going to pay up. Supply and demand, and regardless of our relationship he's getting tagged and won't be on the market for anyone to sign unless draft compensation is given.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As I've said, they're looking for a 2 & 3 apparently. I don't see them having any issue getting that.

It's not an ideal situation for a trade with the bad blood of course, but pass rushers are gold and a lot of teams need one. Yan has outperformed Clowney and Shaq isn't leaving TB. The rest of the rushers aren't on Yan's level, and if someone wants a rusher they're going to pay up. Supply and demand, and regardless of our relationship he's getting tagged and won't be on the market for anyone to sign unless draft compensation is given.

I understand he is on the tag but they arent going to have a ton of suitors throwing 1st rd picks, if a 2nd and 3rd would be had then yes I think you will have more opportunities to trade him. You have to think he is going to have to have some say, as he will expect a long term contract in place so when the compensation is figured out to make the trade he is happy with the team he is going to with the amount he wants before signing the tag in which will allow him to be traded. So if a team like Miami says we will give you one of the 1st rd picks but he doesnt want to go there then the deal falls through like it did with texans and clowney last year. Yan and Clowney are two different type of pass rushers, Yan is designated to the rightside and clowney is on the leftside which is the bigger of the ends. I think yan is definitely better pass rusher but clowney is better against the run, both will get paid handsomely this offseason but it comes to teams with a need plus clowney is a free agent so teams do not have to give up anything to land him other then salary. You may not have the same level as Yan but there are still some solid pass rushers out there like bud dupree (if not tagged), Shaq Lawson, Robert Quinn, Mario Addison (older but still had 29.5 sacks the last 3 years), and Shaq Barret who has yet to be tagged, they will all come in at a lower price tag then Yan plus they are free agents so nothing to be given up for them. Then you have guys like Judon who can be in a similar situation as yan with a sign and trade. So the demand might not be as high as you think with what an organization has to give up in order to land him.  I do give you props for the respectable asking price as most people you talk to they are like two 1st or a top 10 pick will get it done anything less it wont happen. The good thing the Jags have in their favor is this draft is weak overall in pass rushers outside of the top 2 the level of talent falls drastically.

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I understand he is on the tag but they arent going to have a ton of suitors throwing 1st rd picks, if a 2nd and 3rd would be had then yes I think you will have more opportunities to trade him. You have to think he is going to have to have some say, as he will expect a long term contract in place so when the compensation is figured out to make the trade he is happy with the team he is going to with the amount he wants before signing the tag in which will allow him to be traded. So if a team like Miami says we will give you one of the 1st rd picks but he doesnt want to go there then the deal falls through like it did with texans and clowney last year. Yan and Clowney are two different type of pass rushers, Yan is designated to the rightside and clowney is on the leftside which is the bigger of the ends. I think yan is definitely better pass rusher but clowney is better against the run, both will get paid handsomely this offseason but it comes to teams with a need plus clowney is a free agent so teams do not have to give up anything to land him other then salary. You may not have the same level as Yan but there are still some solid pass rushers out there like bud dupree (if not tagged), Shaq Lawson, Robert Quinn, Mario Addison (older but still had 29.5 sacks the last 3 years), and Shaq Barret who has yet to be tagged, they will all come in at a lower price tag then Yan plus they are free agents so nothing to be given up for them. Then you have guys like Judon who can be in a similar situation as yan with a sign and trade. So the demand might not be as high as you think with what an organization has to give up in order to land him.  I do give you props for the respectable asking price as most people you talk to they are like two 1st or a top 10 pick will get it done anything less it wont happen. The good thing the Jags have in their favor is this draft is weak overall in pass rushers outside of the top 2 the level of talent falls drastically.

I'd definitely expect if they are in the mindset of trading him they'd allow him to speak to teams who want him to make sure they agree prior to a trade. Just like those trades last year, they'll want long term commitment for picks/capital.

I don't expect a 1st.

• Like 1