Wrasslemafia 2- Day 10

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

If you want an actual reason why I was okay with Orca as scum yesterday, but today I’m less confident, but not entirely sold, then I’ll do it when I’m on my laptop here in a half hour.

That, and why are you not pushing an Orca push today when you were fine with a Pickle Rick lynch on Day 1 and just described them as basically the same person.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

That, and why are you not pushing an Orca push today when you were fine with a Pickle Rick lynch on Day 1 and just described them as basically the same person.

I blame Ragnarok.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

There was but then I found something that kinda changed what I was thinking. 

Well, let me know if I can be of further assistance. I'm at work, so following along pretty actively. 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:55 AM, The Orca said:

Your willingness and lack of restraint while pushing the boundaries of the rules is highly concerning. Remember Matts last game resulting in a town loss 

So, Rick and Orca will typically defend each other to their detriment regardless of their alignment.  In this instance, I made up that Rick was Muhammad Hassan because (1) I was interested to see who would accept that or follow, and (2) I wanted to see if people seemed frustrated with the accusation.  The above post by Orca seemed like a frustration post rather than a defending Rick post, which is what caught my attention and made me list him as scum for the remainder of the day.  He seemed frustrated that I could get away with bending the rules, and was looking for a modkill, while shifting blame for it onto me, rather than him angling for it; and it seemed possible that he and Rick were scum together, and were frustrated that there was a guilty on him that they knew was fake.  This was the catalyst for most of my D1 reads.

The reason why I backed off of Orca as one of my top scum reads is because he tends to do the shotgun method, and this time it's very hyper-focused upon squire.  I tested that willingness a bit by offering him my vote for squire if he returned the favor if he's wrong.  Given the fact that there's no way out of it for him short of dying because I'll just keep stumping along as The Deadman, I don't know that he would take away 15-20% of his faction's voting power if he's scum.

The issue for me on why I go back and forth is because Orca has had relative success acting like this in two recent games, one each as Town and scum, but then I also reflect back to the last time I was dead wrong on Orca, which was Marvel -- during which our reads coincided heavily with one exception, and I thought he was Town because of that.  Then he died and flipped Mafia and I was fairly surprised.  The scum reads he listed after squire to me today is reminiscent of that in my mind.

So, that's why I shifted Orca all around my priority list, but as for your question "Why not Orca?"  -- I don't think I ever said not Orca.