Why haven't more coaches tried to mimic Belichick's coaching philosophy?

Bolts223

1 hour ago, joru1000 said:

Because Belichick's philosophy is to find the talent that others miss. You can't really "copy" that. The most recent example is the Brandin Cooks trade. Belichick is smart, the Saints' front office is dumb. They gave up Brandin Cooks for a 4th and now Brandin Cooks will go on to have an All-Pro season because Belichick knew he was talented and not to waste him.

It's just like every year when I watch the draft. Without naming names, some teams are just completely clueless. They consistently make laughably bad picks,  trades, etc, because stupid people/teams do stupid things, while smart teams like the Pats do smart things...

They got a 1st for Cooks

On 27/09/2017 at 1:55 PM, Jlowe22 said:

You're welcome.

and tbf if the saints get a franchise left tackle of out ramjet i'd argue not only was the trade beneficial to both, but it's a win for NO

with brees around especially he can make any receiver a 1000+ yard stud though can't do so without protection on the blind side

5 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

and tbf if the saints get a franchise left tackle of out ramjet i'd argue not only was the trade beneficial to both, but it's a win for NO

with brees around especially he can make any receiver a 1000+ yard stud though can't do so without protection on the blind side

Yes, that's true, but it sure was nice having Cooks around.  Although I would rather have a franchise tackle if it turns out he is one.

Archived