2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I understand what you’re saying totally. But I think what he’s getting at is that you may not realize the distraction that comes with that. Darnold has 1 bad game and the Kaep supporters will be everywhere. Making a huge distraction. Awful for Darnold, the team, locker room, etc. So it’s a WAY bigger impact than you’re making it seem.

There would be no distraction. When Mason Rudolph was playing bad the Steelers fans wanted Duck Hodges to plays, when Foles was bad they wanted Minshew, in Washington they wanted Haskins in for Keenum, etc...back up Quarterbacks are always wanted when starters are underperforming. I don't think there would be a dynamic where it hurt the locker room. Kaep is talented, its not like he's a JAG but overall we wouldn't be doing a disservice by adding a talented player to the team. His supporters are advocating for him to get a job in the league not organizing at 3:16 in Jacksonville, not putting up Billboards or flying planes over the practice facility. 

3 hours ago, drew39k said:

Is that any different than when we brought in Tebow? Or Vick? Heck, even Brett Favre was a distraction with him inability to stop sending **** pics.

Tebow and Favre are ***** so it was okay for them to be distractions, Vick we got some backlash for because of PETA, Kaepernick wanting POC to stop being murdered by police? God no keep that man away from this organization. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There would be no distraction. When Mason Rudolph was playing bad the Steelers fans wanted Duck Hodges to plays, when Foles was bad they wanted Minshew, in Washington they wanted Haskins in for Keenum, etc...back up Quarterbacks are always wanted when starters are underperforming. I don't think there would be a dynamic where it hurt the locker room. Kaep is talented, its not like he's a JAG but overall we wouldn't be doing a disservice by adding a talented player to the team. His supporters are advocating for him to get a job in the league not organizing at 3:16 in Jacksonville, not putting up Billboards or flying planes over the practice facility. 

In what world would signing Kaep not be a distraction? Seriously? 

All respect to the guy but of course it would be - The media circus that would follow him is undeniable. Also, as Bobby alluded to, it would put an immense amount of pressure on Darnold. This isn't your typically back up quarterback and NY isn't your typical market. The fact that we're debating this on an online forum should tell you all you need to know.. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Without getting too deep... I couldn’t disagree more 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You continue to expose yourself as a terrible poster.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was a place to talk about your opinions. You don't like what I say so you say I'm terrible. I think you are showing your true colors. You do know it is okay to disagree with someone. I just think Colin would be such a terrible fit and I explained why. Yes I would stop watching because of this. Favre came here with no bagged and THEN did the pics when he was here for that one year. Ya I hated the Tebow pick up but at least Tebow said very little and tried to get along with everyone. 

8 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Am I the only one shocked at how bored everyone must be? I mean I just read about 2 pages of posts arguing about a backup QB. 

Should we start arguing over long snappers next? Lol

I think Hennessey is the best and you can't convince me otherwise 

59 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

In what world would signing Kaep not be a distraction? Seriously? 

All respect to the guy but of course it would be - The media circus that would follow him is undeniable. Also, as Bobby alluded to, it would put an immense amount of pressure on Darnold. This isn't your typically back up quarterback and NY isn't your typical market. The fact that we're debating this on an online forum should tell you all you need to know.. 

Kaepernick would not come in making distractions. New York media gonna do what its gonna do regardless. One of our beat writers made a burner twitter account pretending to be Adam Gase lol. We've dealt with worse.

Darnold will be fine overall, we shouldn't be coddling him to begin with.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Oh I'm sorry. I thought this was a place to talk about your opinions. You don't like what I say so you say I'm terrible. I think you are showing your true colors. You do know it is okay to disagree with someone. I just think Colin would be such a terrible fit and I explained why. Yes I would stop watching because of this. Favre came here with no bagged and THEN did the pics when he was here for that one year. Ya I hated the Tebow pick up but at least Tebow said very little and tried to get along with everyone. 

I dont really care about you overall but lets play. You didn't explain why at all, you also you cant stand the guy. What has he done that is so morally wrong that makes you not stand him? Did he hit a woman(Rice/Hardy)? Did he harm a child(AP/Hill)? Does he express hate towards a particular race(Cooper/Bosa)?

Then you speak on Tebow and said he said very little and got along with everyone. Excuse me but did Kaepernick alienate his teammates? No they supported him as did multiple players around the league. He never caused a disconnect within their locker room. Period.

As for him being an average backup thats ridiculous. He would be the best backup in the league by far. His ability to use his legs(6.1ypc), not turn the ball over(1.8% INT% for his career) and make defenses adjust would be good for any team. If he hit a woman or child he'd be in the league. But because he wants POC to stop being killed with excessive force he doesn't have a job. Yall should have a problem with that instead of him being on your team.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You cant get deep in this with me.

You have a right to disagree but overall your reply was unnecessary.

No it’s me not wanting to go down that road on here. If there was any legs to the rumor of him coming here, I’d debate it with you in depth. But since it was a bogus rumor... it’s not worth going down that road.

9 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You continue to expose yourself as a terrible poster.

Remarks like this will no longer be tolerated.

I’ve been told by the Webmaster and senior MODs on here to give warnings on these before they take more drastic measures.

Everyone can state their opinion and debate. There’s a zero tolerance for talking down to people and name calling on here.

This applies to EVERYONE!!!

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Remarks like this will no longer be tolerated.

I’ve been told by the Webmaster and senior MODs on here to give warnings on these before they take more drastic measures.

Everyone can state their opinion and debate. There’s a zero tolerance for talking down to people and name calling on here.

This applies to EVERYONE!!!

You insulted @jetskid007 how many times?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KodiakThunder said:

Am I the only one shocked at how bored everyone must be? I mean I just read about 2 pages of posts arguing about a backup QB. 

Should we start arguing over long snappers next? Lol

Nah just dont attack someone's character when they're trying to change the world for the better. That's insulting to those directly impacted by the cause Kaepernick has been a huge part of.

"I cant stand this guy because he wants POC to stop being killed by police who use excessive force and constantly get away with it and I will stop rooting for my team if they sign him"

It really triggered me honestly, I'm a POC who's scared when I get pulled over, I have a son who will grow up and have to deal with that if it isn't stopped. So much crap going on in this world and that's who someone "can't stand"

• Like 1